Author Topic: ACD Huntgroup Recall  (Read 1379 times)

Offline adambpa

• Contributer
    • View Profile
ACD Huntgroup Recall
« on: April 06, 2021, 02:01:22 PM »
I am working with a customer who is looking for the following call flow:

Incoming Call>AA>ACD Huntgroup with 2 agents
                              |----If no agents are logged in, immediately recall to a 2nd UCD hunt group
                              |----If there are agents logged in, but busy, camp-on for up to 3 minutes then recall to the 2nd UCD hunt group.

Right now, my biggest hang-up is the fact that the caller camps on to the ACD group for 3 minutes regardless of whether there are agents logged in or not.

Does anyone have any creative ways to program this?

Thank you,
Adam

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ACD Huntgroup Recall
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 02:27:21 PM »
Calls will remain in queue until answered or the recall timer expires.

The problem is the ACD/UCD mix. Does the first hunt group have to be an ACD?

Offline adambpa

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 04:16:22 PM »
If there is no other way, we can switch it.  We were hoping to use some ACD features such as longest idle/wrap up timer, but if there are no other options, we can change it to circular hunting I suppose.  Are you saying that if it is UCD that the recall would work differently based on either DND or hunt group remove?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 12:29:19 PM »
ACD features aren’t really helpful with only two agents, so you wouldn’t be missing much if you change it.

You could easily fix this using extension lists, but it would ring the first two phones simultaneously. Put the first two phones in an extension list, and make that list the first member of the hunt group. Create a second extension list with the original phones, plus the additional phones. Make this list the second member of the hunt group. In fact, make it a member several times.

Incoming calls will ring the first two phones, until the No Answer Advance timer expires, then ring on the second extension list. If the original phones are busy or in DND, calls will immediately advance to the second list. Because the original phones are also included in the second list, they can answer the call if they become available.

Putting the second extension list as a hunt group member multiple times will keep all phones ringing, instead of have the call bounce between extension lists as the No Answer Advance timer kicks in.

Offline mem5449

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 06:13:06 PM »
If no agents are logged into first group, doesn't that immediately invoke OVERFLOW not RECALL destination?? Do you have the 2nd group defined as an OVERFLOW destination what is the timer? That 3mins stuck in first group doesn't sound right.

On the other issue... I don't think there is any issue with mixing ACD and UCD groups. If your agents belong to more than one hunt group I would leave it as ACD. IMHO, its better to use the option login/logout of EACH or ALL groups as an agent rather use hunt group remove/replace (code 324) as a member which affects all groups a member belongs to.

Offline adambpa

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 07:49:52 PM »
Things I have tried with no luck.

• Creating a UCD huntgroup with an extension list containing the two phones that the ACD agents would normally use and another huntgroup member list containing those two users as well as local and off-node extensions that they would like the calls to overflow to.
    When testing this, even though the huntgroup is setup as linear, it seems to ring all members of both lists at the same time.
  • Keeping the initial ACD setup and using Overflow timer/destination instead of recall.  This had no effect and calls still stay camped on first group even though all agents are logged out.
    I wasn't totally surprised by this as the feature and programming guide states that the Overflow timer is not used on ACD groups.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 07:42:23 AM »
If no agents are logged into first group, doesn't that immediately invoke OVERFLOW not RECALL destination?? Do you have the 2nd group defined as an OVERFLOW destination what is the timer? That 3mins stuck in first group doesn't sound right.

That's not how overflow works on a 250. If you use a phone as an overflow destination, calls will be pulled back to the original hunt group member if one become available.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 07:48:34 AM »

• Creating a UCD huntgroup with an extension list containing the two phones that the ACD agents would normally use and another huntgroup member list containing those two users as well as local and off-node extensions that they would like the calls to overflow to.
    When testing this, even though the huntgroup is setup as linear, it seems to ring all members of both lists at the same time.
  • Keeping the initial ACD setup and using Overflow timer/destination instead of recall.  This had no effect and calls still stay camped on first group even though all agents are logged out.
    I wasn't totally surprised by this as the feature and programming guide states that the Overflow timer is not used on ACD groups.

That behavior makes no sense. What is the No Answer Advance timer set to?

Overflow is commonly used for ACDs. I have no idea why the guide would say otherwise.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 06:04:16 PM »
adambpa,

I have to agree with DND ON here in that you have something misconfigured.

If you have two Extension Lists

• Extension List 1
    • Agent 1 -  x100
    • Agent 2 -  x101
  • Extension List 2
    • Agent 1 -  x100
    • Agent 2 -  x101
    • Agent 3 -  x102
    • Agent 4 -  x103
    • Agent 5 -  x104
    • Agent 6 -  x105

You are stating that as soon as the call comes in it rings all of the phones in Extension List 2. This means that one of three things is misconfigured.

• Agents 1 and 2 have removed themselves from the Hunt Group; check their Hunt Group Remove/Replace Flag. If they are not available it will immediately go to the second Extension List, but they still won't ring as they are not in the Hunt Group
    • The No Answer Advanced Timer is set to 1. This will force all calls to ring each list one second and keep bouncing back and forth until the Recall Timer occurs; if there is something in the Recall Destination Value.
    • You put the second Extension List in the first Extension List. Normally this is not allowed unless if you have Online Monitor turned on; remove it if it is.

The Announcement and Overflow are referring to RADs and they both work with UCD and ACD Hunt Groups. The Announcement will play once and the Overflow will play as often as its timer is set to; except the first time IF there is an Announcement.

The ONLY WAY to get an ACD Hunt Group to Immediately Recall is to only have a SINGLE AGENT in the ACD Group and it is LOGGED OUT/BUSY and Camp On is turned off; not very convenient.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10