Author Topic: Embedded VM Issue While Using Micollab  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
Embedded VM Issue While Using Micollab
« on: March 30, 2021, 01:19:44 PM »
I have an odd issue with an extension.  I have an extension that is setup correctly and I've looked at everything i know of that might cause the issue.   When a VM is left the user can hit the VM button on their 6930, go into the Micollab system (ext 7600), check the voicemail, and everything is fine.  From time to time the VM light will light up and when she hits the VM button on her phone it now wants to dial the OLD Embedded VM port (7770).  I believe this is some sort of Call Back issue wen this happens.  It ask her for a pssscode for the mailbox but she doesn't have one since it is not used. So the only way to stop the light from flashing it to use the feature code to clear it.  All is good until the light decides to start flashing again.  I've seen this myself...the phone doesn't ring at all and yet the vm light starts flashing.  Can anyone help my track this down.  Maintenance commands don't help me and i have no clue where else to look.  All looks fine.  This happens daily and it won't stop.  Any help is appreciated.   Thanks

P

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Embedded VM Issue While Using Micollab
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 09:12:11 PM »
It's a 6930, so instead of lifting the receiver and pressing the VM button, just press the message button and READ the message to see what left it. If it's the embedded VM, then look for it's mailbox in the embedded voicemail and delete it, or export the embedded VM form and search for that users extension to see if it's associated with a mailbox that isn't it's extension.

If this was a message in the mailbox, when you disabled the light it would be back on every morning... The embedded VM runs a routine at about 3-4am every day to refresh the message waiting lights, if there is still a message in there it would come every day until it's cleared out.

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 10:04:08 AM »
Ace,

Did what you suggested on teh 6930 with no god luck.  When i hit teh VM button it says call me back at 7770.  When i do it ask for a password and there is not one.  I tried what i thought might be it with no luck.  Any other thoughts how to clear this??   

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 11:22:40 AM »
Ace,

Did what you suggested on teh 6930 with no god luck.  When i hit teh VM button it says call me back at 7770.  When i do it ask for a password and there is not one.  I tried what i thought might be it with no luck.  Any other thoughts how to clear this??
I assume you tried the Clear Message FAC? Otherwise, you are going to have to FTP into the system and pull the nightly voicemail log and see what is updating the message light... The file you're looking for is /vmail/c/voxdrv/diag.dat

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 01:31:19 PM »
I tried the FAC but the light keeps coming back daily

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 02:47:23 PM »
Read what he said and determine the cause

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 06:13:31 PM »
I tried the FAC but the light keeps coming back daily
So that confirms the embedded voicemail's nightly routine is (probably) turning it on... it runs about 3am local time. Check /vmail/c/voxdrv/diag.dat and search for your extension and you will find what is causing it to turn on.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10