Author Topic: Reinitialize voicemail box for one user?  (Read 2570 times)

Offline fcoffey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Reinitialize voicemail box for one user?
« on: March 29, 2021, 02:55:50 PM »
Hi all,

I have searched on the forum and dug quite a bit into past posts and don't see an obvious duplicate of my question - so hopefully I'm not asking something common.

Short of deleting and re-creating an associated mailbox for a user, is there a simpler way to reset/reinitialize a voice mail box into a "freshly created" state? (without actually freshly creating it).

I have some users that are moving and someone new is filling the empty seat once the musical chairs are complete, and it would be nice to present them with a "new to them" voicemail box.

One of the voice mail boxes in question is part of a few CRA's, and if I delete/recreate the voice mail box, it messes up the CRA's and I have to go in a reset digit destinations, etc.

I am just trying to save myself a bit of work / CRA chasing.

Thanks,

Fred

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Reinitialize voicemail box for one user?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 08:14:36 PM »
No, there really isn't a good option here... The only other thing you can do is reset the password, then walk the new user though setting the password and recording their name, and possibly greeting, manually. Just one of those things, but remember there is a tool to Clear message(s) from the selected mailbox first, which can make it faster. And if you prefer to still do it the manual way of deleting and recreating, before you do so there is a search for "Associated devices and references" to make that simpler.

Offline fcoffey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 11:12:26 AM »
No, there really isn't a good option here... The only other thing you can do is reset the password, then walk the new user though setting the password and recording their name, and possibly

Thanks - that's pretty much what I suspected, but wanted confirmation.   Trust, but verify and all that. :)

I'll just reset the password, clear out messages, and write instructions for the user to erase and re-record their name and primary greeting.

Fred

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 08:13:33 AM »
fcoffey,

You could also just set the Mailbox Initialized flag to No which will cause the mailbox to think it isn't initialized and force the user to set it up.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10