Author Topic: Phone Tree transfer Delays  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
Phone Tree transfer Delays
« on: March 29, 2021, 12:49:16 PM »
Good Morning all.  We have a company phone tree that is average in length but there seems to be some inconsistencies/delays when transferring from one menu to another.  There might be a slight delay (2-3 seconds) then 2 quick beeps prior to the transfer.  We are trying to get it so that all menus act the same and there are no delays.  We would like to have it so that when that user presses an option that it goes to teh next menu as quick as possible with no delays or beeps.  Can anyoen shed some light on this?  We are running on version 9 with micollab as the VM setup.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks 

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Phone Tree transfer Delays
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 08:27:04 PM »
2 things to check in your Call Director menus: max number of digits, and the delay to wait for additional digits. If you've just got a single digit menu, make sure callers can only dial 1 digit and shorten the timer to wait for additional digits. On the other hand, if you want callers to be able to either select a single digit option *or* dial an extension number, that's what the delay is for, give the caller time to dial the rest of the digit string.

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM »
Lundah thanks for the input.  I did change those timers but the issue seems to be when i do a blind transfer to an extension.  Seems like when i press that number to transfer there is a slight pause then 2 beeps then it transfers.  Any thoughts?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 08:56:48 AM »
Try using Alternate Transfer instead of Blind Transfer.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10