Author Topic: Any experience with AT&T Service?  (Read 830 times)

Offline ITGUY21

• View Profile
Any experience with AT&T Service?
« on: March 23, 2021, 10:42:28 AM »
I am hoping someone may be able to help me with what my setup with AT&T might be. I handle IT for my company and was sort of thrown in without much documentation on our Mitel Phone System.

We currently have 2 AT&T PRIs going to our Mitel system and then Fiber Internet from a separate provider.

Each month we receive 3 AT&T bills.

"Virtual Telecommunications Network": about 40 pages and lists out different circuits and usage on them
"Software Defined Network": Access Line Grouping and AT&T Digital Local Line Charges
"Monthly Statement": this bill looks like your standard AT&T bill you would get for home or any regular account. But it only shows monthly charge and the costs is 4 times higher then our other bills from AT&T (around $7,000)

The "Monthly Statement" bill is definitely our largest and keeps increasing every few months. I have reached out multiple times to our AT&T Business Rep and he said that is an "older Legacy “Digital Loop Service” that is no longer able to be re-contracted". When we call the account number on the statement it just rings indefinitely and I do not recall seeing the number setup anywhere in our Mitel system.

Does anyone know what a Digital Loop Service is from AT&T? Could it be tied to our PRIs? Or some old service they forget to get rid of 10 years ago and we have been paying for it since?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Any experience with AT&T Service?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 11:10:41 AM »
Your "Monthly Statement" is likely at least partially tied to your PRI's... "Digital Loop Service" is T-1/PRI circuits.

I would reach out to AT&T Business, find out who your rep is, and have a sit down. We see this from time to time, but not as much as we used to... PRI circuits used to be crazy expensive, but now days you can get them with unlimited calling delivered via SIP to a gateway for 1/10th the price of old, traditional PRI's... And don't just resign a contract with AT&T (or any carrier) without getting competitive bids.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10