Author Topic: Mitel SoftPhone  (Read 1230 times)

Offline cmhartel

• View Profile
Mitel SoftPhone
« on: March 22, 2021, 11:41:50 AM »
I have the Mitel software installed on the company issued laptop. I could (and did) work remotely with relative ease until recently. I moved and the softphone does not work any longer. Literally, the only thing that changed is the location of the laptop and access to wifi. (I was working from a hotel that had wifi access shared amongst all residents. It worked. I'm now in an apartment with my own wifi, with no other users. The softphone no longer works). The company IT has tried re-deploying the software, but that didn't fix it. Mitel wanted to do the same, but I told them it wouldn't work. Is there anything else I should be trying/doing/replacing???

I am at a loss to explain this. If this is not the right location to post, please let me know.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel SoftPhone
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 02:01:27 PM »
check your home router and make sure that SIP ALG (Application Level Gateway) is disabled.. That may be interfering with your call setup.

You didn't describe what you are experiencing, aside from "The softphone no longer works", I'm just taking a stab at it.

Offline cmhartel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 06:57:23 PM »
Thank you, will check that out, or rather request (Cox Cable) IT's help in checking that out. I'll reply back with the outcome :)

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 03:49:44 AM »
Does the MiCollab client sign in and you can see presence etc.. of other users? Is it just the softphone that doesn't work? Does it register?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 05:57:10 PM »
Which app is it and what version? This will make a difference in what ports are used to communicate with the server.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10