Author Topic: MS Teams Direct Routing - documentation?  (Read 2298 times)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
MS Teams Direct Routing - documentation?
« on: March 21, 2021, 02:05:52 PM »
Anyone have some actual useful documentation on how to set up MS Teams Direct Routing to a MiVB? Using an Audicodes virtual SBC, been banging my head against the wall on this for weeks trying to get it set up. I have the Audicodes set up per the documentation on Mitel KMS, but I can't get Teams Admin center to see the SBC, nor is there any information on how to configure the MiVB. Is it a trunk side or station side interface between the MiVB and Teams? There's no detail in the documentation on that.

Offline bajangerry

• View Profile
Re: MS Teams Direct Routing - documentation?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 04:45:48 PM »
Hi lundah,

I would suggest using the anynode SBC rather than an audiocodes, I have been successful in setting that up many times for my customers with a Mitel 3300 and teams.

That besides, Mitel PBX will connect to the Audiocodes with SIP trunks and you should be seeing them registered with the audiocodes.

It also sounds like you do not have the Audiocodes configured to connect with Teams correctly. The two connections with the Audiocodes are not dependent on each other for anything other than call flow. What I mean by that is, both the connection between Audiocodes and the Mitel and Audiocodes and Teams can be completed and active without the other one being connected. You should see from the Teams admin site that the connection is up to the Audiocodes whether the Mitel connection is working or not. The same can be said with the Mitel connection to the Audiocodes, the SIP Trunks can be up no matter what state the connection to Teams is in.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 06:16:36 PM »
Hi lundah,

I would suggest using the anynode SBC rather than an audiocodes, I have been successful in setting that up many times for my customers with a Mitel 3300 and teams.

That besides, Mitel PBX will connect to the Audiocodes with SIP trunks and you should be seeing them registered with the audiocodes.

It also sounds like you do not have the Audiocodes configured to connect with Teams correctly. The two connections with the Audiocodes are not dependent on each other for anything other than call flow. What I mean by that is, both the connection between Audiocodes and the Mitel and Audiocodes and Teams can be completed and active without the other one being connected. You should see from the Teams admin site that the connection is up to the Audiocodes whether the Mitel connection is working or not. The same can be said with the Mitel connection to the Audiocodes, the SIP Trunks can be up no matter what state the connection to Teams is in.

Well we already bought the licensing for the Audiocodes, so at this point we've committed to it. I'm concentrating on getting the link between the Audicodes and Teams up, and that's what I've been banging my head against the wall on for a couple of months now. I followed the KMS doc from Mitel, I have no alarms on the Audicodes, but Teams does not show the link to the SBC up, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or where to go for help.

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 03:50:01 AM »
You can get some documentation for Mitel Solution Alliance in Infochannel. (Provided you have an MSA approved account)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 08:20:08 AM »
You can get some documentation for Mitel Solution Alliance in Infochannel. (Provided you have an MSA approved account)

The only information I was able to find there is the same interop config guide I've been working from since December and have made zero headway with.

Offline bajangerry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 09:41:14 AM »
lundah,

I think you are looking in the wrong place for help in that case as you should be looking to Audiocodes for that info, not from Mitel. Maybe this can help?
https://www.audiocodes.com/media/15757/mediant-sbc-to-microsoft-teams-direct-routing-with-local-media-optimization.pdf

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 10:30:14 AM »

The only information I was able to find there is the same interop config guide I've been working from since December and have made zero headway with.

Doesn't that MSA interop doc show configuration for both MiVB and the Audiocodes? There are even .ini (profiles) attached. If that didn't work then maybe Audiocodes has better resources for this.

Offline bajangerry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 10:34:54 AM »

Doesn't that MSA interop doc show configuration for both MiVB and the Audiocodes? There are even .ini (profiles) attached. If that didn't work then maybe Audiocodes has better resources for this.

The Mitel documentation would be the connection between the Mitel PBX and the Audiocodes, the problem I think is the connection between the Audiocodes and and Teams which will not be in the Mitel documentation.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 10:40:13 AM by bajangerry »

Offline bajangerry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 10:43:14 AM »
Actually I am wrong, looks like the .ini file provided DOES have the Teams configuration in it based on the below portion of the ini file: Wish I had an Audiocodes to play with to test this.

[ IPGroup ]

FORMAT IPGroup_Index = IPGroup_Type, IPGroup_Name, IPGroup_ProxySetName, IPGroup_SIPGroupName, IPGroup_ContactUser, IPGroup_SipReRoutingMode, IPGroup_AlwaysUseRouteTable, IPGroup_SRDName, IPGroup_MediaRealm, IPGroup_ClassifyByProxySet, IPGroup_ProfileName, IPGroup_MaxNumOfRegUsers, IPGroup_InboundManSet, IPGroup_OutboundManSet, IPGroup_RegistrationMode, IPGroup_AuthenticationMode, IPGroup_MethodList, IPGroup_SBCServerAuthType, IPGroup_OAuthHTTPService, IPGroup_EnableSBCClientForking, IPGroup_SourceUriInput, IPGroup_DestUriInput, IPGroup_ContactName, IPGroup_Username, IPGroup_Password, IPGroup_UUIFormat, IPGroup_QOEProfile, IPGroup_BWProfile, IPGroup_AlwaysUseSourceAddr, IPGroup_MsgManUserDef1, IPGroup_MsgManUserDef2, IPGroup_SIPConnect, IPGroup_SBCPSAPMode, IPGroup_DTLSContext, IPGroup_CreatedByRoutingServer, IPGroup_UsedByRoutingServer, IPGroup_SBCOperationMode, IPGroup_SBCRouteUsingRequestURIPort, IPGroup_SBCKeepOriginalCallID, IPGroup_TopologyLocation, IPGroup_SBCDialPlanName, IPGroup_CallSetupRulesSetId, IPGroup_Tags, IPGroup_SBCUserStickiness, IPGroup_UserUDPPortAssignment, IPGroup_AdmissionProfile, IPGroup_ProxyKeepAliveUsingIPG;
IPGroup 0 = 0, "PBX", "IP-PBX", "sbc.thesipcoe.com", "", -1, 0, "DefaultSRD", "IP-PBX", 1, "IP-PBX", -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, "", -1, "", 0, -1, -1, "192.168.10.70", "Admin", "$1$aCkNBwIC", 0, "", "", 0, "", "", 0, 0, "default", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "", -1, "", 0, 0, "", 0;
IPGroup 1 = 0, "TeaMS IP Group 1", "Teams Proxy set 1", "sip.pstnhub.microsoft.com", "", -1, 0, "DefaultSRD", "ITSP", 1, "Teams", -1, 0, -1, 0, 0, "", -1, "", 0, -1, -1, "sbc.thesipcoe.com", "dgwsid28857", "$1$cCULKhcRDUMj", 0, "", "", 1, "", "", 0, 0, "default", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, "", -1, "", 0, 0, "", 0;
IPGroup 2 = 0, "Teams IP Group 2", "Teams Proxy Set 2", "sip2.pstnhub.microsoft.com:5061", "", -1, 0, "DefaultSRD", "ITSP", 1, "Teams", -1, -1, -1, 0, 0, "", -1, "", 0, -1, -1, "sbc.thesipcoe.com", "sip.pstnhub.microsoft.com", "$1$gQ==", 0, "", "", 0, "", "", 0, 0, "default", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, "Test", -1, "C=PSTN", 0, 0, "", 0;
IPGroup 3 = 0, "Teams IP Group 3", "Teams Proxy Set 3", "sip3.pstnhub.microsoft.com:5061", "", -1, 0, "DefaultSRD", "ITSP", 1, "Teams", -1, -1, -1, 0, 0, "", -1, "", 0, -1, -1, "sbc.thesipcoe.com", "sip.pstnhub.microsoft.com", "$1$gQ==", 0, "", "", 0, "", "", 0, 0, "default", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, "", -1, "", 0, 0, "", 0;
IPGroup 4 = 0, "PSTN MBG", "PSTN MBG", "115.110.136.84", "", -1, 0, "DefaultSRD", "ITSP", 1, "PBX", -1, 0, -1, 0, 0, "", -1, "", 0, -1, -1, "115.110.136.92", "Admin", "$1$aCkNBwIC", 0, "", "", 0, "", "", 0, 0, "default", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, "", -1, "", 0, 0, "", 0;

[ \IPGroup ]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 10:45:20 AM by bajangerry »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10