Author Topic: Maxed out PRI trunks due to IVR workflows  (Read 806 times)

Offline mauka

• View Profile
Maxed out PRI trunks due to IVR workflows
« on: March 11, 2021, 05:56:39 PM »
Hi! Longtime lurker hoping I can get some knowledge dropped on me.

We are having an issue with maxing out available lines on our PRI. Callers into our IVR are presented a menu and given an option to transfer their call to an external party. This obviously takes up 2 trunks until the transfer is complete. Some callers are getting dropped, however, because there is no available trunk to use to send them to the external party. While we work on increasing trunk capacity (and arguing with the business owners about this workflow) I am trying to find out more details on some options in our MiCC and reporting that will help inform us on what's happening:

1) There is a "camp on busy" option in the transfer action that we are considering enabling. If enabled, where can we see how many calls are camped? What does the caller hear when camped? Do callers ever time out when camped? I asked our local rep for more detail but when he escalated to support he just got back the copied and pasted tool tip text from MiCC.

2) When testing during a busy period, I received an IVR Busy error on my office phone. The hunt group only appears to have 5 members. What is the best practice to scale this? Do these hunt group members only get used for inbound calls or could they also be causing the dropped external transfer originating from the IVR?

3) Is there any report I can pull that would show me the external transfer attempts that are failing?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 07:53:30 PM by mauka »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Maxed out PRI trunks due to IVR workflows
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 07:29:57 AM »
might look to see if carrier can do Release Line Transfer i.e. 2 b channel. I have never set this up, but that would free up trunks

Offline mauka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 09:36:11 PM »
might look to see if carrier can do Release Line Transfer i.e. 2 b channel. I have never set this up, but that would free up trunks

I asked and was told it was not applicable to the IVR.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 11:25:39 AM »
I am confused... Is the issue the IVR's capacity or a trunking capacity thing?

A call comes into the Mitel, then to an IVR (auto attendant or call director?) and is then transferred out to an "external" party? External to the IVR or to the Mitel? You are saying IVR is busy, which sounds like the hunt group to the voicemail is full and you need more extensions there.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 03:44:44 PM »
I think adding the campon created further issue

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10