Author Topic: ACD silent monitor - MiCollab softphone  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Martin

• View Profile
ACD silent monitor - MiCollab softphone
« on: March 09, 2021, 09:49:28 AM »
Hi all,

Does anyone have any detail around ACD silent monitoring when it comes to contact centre setups where all ACD based agents are using MiCollab softphone and Ignite rather than Minet based deskphones? I have tested monitoring from softphone to softphone and it just doesnt work..

I have found some information which says its not supported however don't know if anyone else knows if there is a workaround or if this is a feature in development?

Thanks

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: ACD silent monitor - MiCollab softphone
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 03:07:00 PM »
As you mentioned, it's not supported. I've requested it as an enhancement in UserVoice, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it. Best workaround I can come up with is doing the live monitoring from call recording instead.

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 12:40:52 PM »
Thought as much, thanks for the reply. They use ASC based call recording at the moment so I'll see if this is something we can implement.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 08:07:55 PM »
Thought as much, thanks for the reply. They use ASC based call recording at the moment so I'll see if this is something we can implement.

ASC is supposed to allow live monitoring so that would be the way to go. I haven't set it up yet so I can't help much on that front.

Offline mark.vanderheijden

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 09:35:42 AM »
There is a workaround please check KMS article SO5334, you can do something with SIP adaptation.

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 04:02:04 AM »
workaround didnt work for me

you can monitor a softphone from a deskphone but not the other way round
initiation of the monitor ( from softphone)seems to conenct but there is no audio

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 04:12:00 AM »
I'm curious if your pcap shows the change of sendonly to sendrecv.

Offline august

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 07:55:14 AM »
This workaround work for me.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 10:34:34 PM »
There is a workaround please check KMS article SO5334, you can do something with SIP adaptation.

This didn't work for me. Dialing My FAC+agent ID from MiCollab gives me an error: "Call failed - The number was not recognised.". FAC is *321, agent ID for my test case is 1599. I can do it from a desk phone using the same login (Supervisor is also an agent).

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2021, 04:32:38 PM »
This didn't work for me. Dialing My FAC+agent ID from MiCollab gives me an error: "Call failed - The number was not recognised.". FAC is *321, agent ID for my test case is 1599. I can do it from a desk phone using the same login (Supervisor is also an agent).

Just remember, that any digits dialed greater than the extension value in micollab for the pbx node will insert the dial out value digit(s)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 08:55:41 PM »

Just remember, that any digits dialed greater than the extension value in micollab for the pbx node will insert the dial out value digit(s)

Ah yes, the old extension length gotcha. That did the trick, Gold star for you sir!

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 11:54:00 AM »

Ah yes, the old extension length gotcha. That did the trick, Gold star for you sir!

Thanks a bunch all whos posted here. Tried the workaround from Mitel along with changing the extension length in MiCollab to compensate for the FAC in the dial string and its worked a treat!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10