Author Topic: Hide outgoing caller id  (Read 806 times)

Offline rick

• View Profile
Hide outgoing caller id
« on: March 07, 2021, 04:30:59 AM »
I have a customer using digital phone's on a PRI.
They want to be able to make calls without showing their outgoing number. They were prefer to show no number at all or 'private/anonymous' when they make calls. Is this allowed and how would i program it on the system.
Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Hide outgoing caller id
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 01:40:46 PM »
In many cases this is controlled by your carrier... We are also a carrier and our default is to send the main billing TN number as Caller ID for a call if no CID information is sent with a call from the phone system. Some carriers won't even allow a call to complete if you are not sending a valid Caller ID with an outbound call.

If they want this for all calls, I would suggest asking their carrier if they can do this on their PRI. I did see one customer one time requested a certain DID have the CID name listed as "ANONYMOUS" and then on their phone system they pointed the DID to a recording that said something like "The number have dialed cannot receive calls" or something like that. Be aware doing something like this could have E911 implications, as by most state laws a number sent to E911 must be able to receive a return call so you have to setup CESID properly.

Offline rick

• View Profile
Re: Hide outgoing caller id
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 08:12:52 PM »
Ok. Thanks for that. I'll reach out to the carrier tomorrow! Cheers

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10