Author Topic: Unable to default database.  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Jack-JPN

• View Profile
Unable to default database.
« on: March 03, 2021, 04:07:25 PM »
Greetings,
 I have recently acquired a 5000 system and cannot default the database. From the front panel, I am able to navigate to default DB and it even displays "Success" however it doesn't default as hostname still displays the old name and the default username/password doesn't allow me in. It appears that after the default the system hangs up, and then resets a second time leading me to believe that it cant load a default db so it ends up loading the DB from the backup. Obviously, If I could get into the system I could default both the system and backup DB but that is not the case. Any help would be appreciated. Sidenote: the PO does not know the credentials. Thanks.

Offline Slim

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to default database.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 04:21:12 PM »
Any chance (long shot) that the support account was enabled? Maybe you can login with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jack-JPN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 06:43:30 PM »
I have not tried that. I worked directly for Mitel for over a decade and never used that. Would I find that in the I&M manual?

Offline Slim

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 06:50:48 PM »
I would say it’s turned off. Typically it is used by Mitel support though. The only time I ever used it was when I needed Mitel to get into the system to assist. It’s disabled in DB programming under “Maintenance Accounts”. I can’t recall the default password to it, but if it’s enabled, the system can be logged into with the username “support”. I tried looking for the default password to it but haven’t come up with anything. I’m sorry, it probably is disabled still, but it’s worth a shot if anyone can tell us what that default pw is. Tomorrow, if you haven’t gotten a solution yet, I will enable it in one of my systems and see what the default pw is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 11:59:40 AM »
Jack-JPN,

What version of software is it?

What version of CF is it?

What type of MiVO-250 is it?

Have you tried loading the CF into another MiVO-250 and Defaulting it there?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Jack-JPN

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 09:18:24 PM »
Sorry for the delayed response here.  It is an HX controller with a 2g 6.2 flash.
I've swapped out the HX chassis and PSU and PM card and still having the same results.
Odd that I can default the DB from the front panel and even get "success" but after rebooting it hangs and loads the backup DB.
(Shame they don't have a back door password to get in like they did on the Axxess CPC systems)

Ideas?
 Thanks in advance!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 08:34:13 AM »
Jack-JPN,

It sounds as though your default DB is corrupted and can't be used.

I would say upgrade the software to fix the default DB, but you can't do that without the credentials to log in to it.

Sorry,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 05:50:32 PM »
Jack-JPN,

It sounds as though your default DB is corrupted and can't be used.

I would say upgrade the software to fix the default DB, but you can't do that without the credentials to log in to it.

Sorry,

TE
Sure you can... We do it all the time through the front panel via USB. But if the OP uses something other than a 6.2 version, it will need a new license key.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10