Author Topic: Call Fowarding and Ring Groups  (Read 824 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Call Fowarding and Ring Groups
« on: February 17, 2021, 09:56:48 AM »
Hi All -

The IT team is overwhelmed with requests where staff needs their ring group/extensions forwarded.  In some instances, staff request that an entire ring group of 7 people is forwarded to a cell phone, for example.  Not best practices but we do as requested.

Optimally, we want staff to go to their extensions and setup the forward on their own... turn it off when they are back in the office.  These requests are due to inclement weather.  But, with this setup, ring group calls do not ring the cell phone.  Direct calls to the extension do forward to the cell phone.  Is that because multi user group licenses are required?  How can we forward the actual ring to a cell phone but calls to the ring group extensions do not fwd to the cell?  Trying to make this easy and efficient for everyone but running into dead ends. 

Appreciate the help

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call Fowarding and Ring Groups
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 10:55:49 AM »
For a Ring Group I would need to set up a Feature Access Code that they could use to forward. I think it's called Call Forward - Third Party.

Usually I set users up a speed call that dials the FAC plus the Ring Group Ext, then all they need to enter is the destination.

Don't forget to set up a Call Forward Third Party - Cancel button for them too so they can turn it off.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Call Fowarding and Ring Groups
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 11:43:59 AM »
If you don't have multi-device licenses & MiCollab, I would have them forward their extension to the cell phone, and either use Group Presence or Make Busy to take the extension out of the ring group while it's forwarded.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10