Author Topic: NuPoint Mailbox COS and Name Defaults itself  (Read 682 times)

Offline tstreets

• Contributer
    • View Profile
NuPoint Mailbox COS and Name Defaults itself
« on: February 15, 2021, 01:31:52 PM »
I have a customer running an older version of NuPoint version 6.0.  I created a Call Director mailbox on their system and it was up and running without issue until the last two weeks.  Now the last two Sundays they reported that their auto attendant isn't picking up.  When I call into the number the mailbox answers as it's a normal mailbox not the Call Director greeting and AA.  When I access NuPoint and review the mailbox the COS had been reset back to COS 6 (GUEST) and the mailbox has lost it's name.  It also requires a password reset in order to change the COS back to the COS with Call Director enabled.   The Call Director call flow is still intact.

I've not seen a mailbox default it's settings.  The only scenario that crosses my find is the system is getting hacked and that's causing issues. 

Has anyone else seen this?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint Mailbox COS and Name Defaults itself
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 04:22:40 PM »
Do you always have to change it back to the same passcode? I would say give a random 10 digit passcode and see if it resets then.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint Mailbox COS and Name Defaults itself
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 08:35:41 PM »
The fact that the FCOS is being changed back to one labeled "GUEST" intrigues me. Is this a hospitality setup where there's a PMS (property management system) interfacing with the NuPoint? If so, sounds like that mailbox was somehow associated with a guest room, and when the room is checked out in PMS, that message is then sent to NuPoint which is set to reset the mailbox back to pre-defined settings.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10