Author Topic: Connecting to MS Teams  (Read 2315 times)

Offline AlanCReid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Connecting to MS Teams
« on: February 09, 2021, 06:16:49 AM »
Hi all

We are trying to connect our existing telephone system to MS Teams to allow incoming calls to be redirected to Teams and outbound made from teams.

So far we are able to call internally between the telephone system and Teams in both directions and we can route incoming calls directly to Teams using forwarding rules.  What I would like to do now is allow Teams users to make outbound calls via the phone system.

If a Teams user dials an external number, the call routes to the telephone system correctly, but is then rejected with a 404 error.  Does anyone know what I need to do to have the incoming number parsed by our existing ARS rules and forwarded onto our service provider?

Thanks
Alan

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Connecting to MS Teams
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 08:15:25 AM »
you can do that with sip gateway like : Call2teams

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 12:05:16 PM »
Is it something silly like missing a 9 when trying to dial out?

Offline AlanCReid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 01:21:17 PM »
No, the incoming requestURI from Teams already has the 9 at the start of it for an external call.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 01:36:19 PM »

as explained you can't use your mitel controller to make calls from teams "direct routing" without making a trunk between your Teams (micorosoft in the cloud) and your controller.
you need a Call2teamps type gateway with an mbg.

https://www.call2teams.com

Offline AlanCReid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 02:06:16 PM »
We already have a SIP trunk from one of our controllers via an MBG to an Oracle SBC and then onto Teams and are using this trunk for internal calls (in both directions) and incoming external calls. 

All that I am left with is the issue of making outbound external calls from Teams.  They are delivered via the SIP trunk to the Mitel controller, but the controller rejects them with a 404 error.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 05:20:42 PM »
We already have a SIP trunk from one of our controllers via an MBG to an Oracle SBC and then onto Teams and are using this trunk for internal calls (in both directions) and incoming external calls. 

All that I am left with is the issue of making outbound external calls from Teams.  They are delivered via the SIP trunk to the Mitel controller, but the controller rejects them with a 404 error.

Can you share the trace? A 404 is not found. Doesn't like something. Be sure to sanitize before sharing online.

Offline AlanCReid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 05:59:40 PM »
What sort of trace, the only thing I’ve got to date is a tcpdump of the SIP trunk which only shows the incoming invite and the reject, (which I can share in the morning).  Is there anything else I should get?

Offline AlanCReid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 11:46:19 AM »
Going back through and checking everything again, I found I hadn't put the correct entry in the SIP Peer Profile Assignment by Incoming DID form, now that I have corrected that everything is working fine.

Thanks for the helpful input.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10