Author Topic: Permissions to set backup..?  (Read 797 times)

Offline stilphone

• View Profile
Permissions to set backup..?
« on: February 05, 2021, 05:23:16 AM »
I've got an Office 250 system that only I administer after a Telco setup. They're having a couple of random, unrepeatable issues so I was going to perform a scheduled reboot first as it hasn't been rebooted in a long time.

When trying to follow the advice in here - http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=6201.0 to setup the backup I get a message under the backup folder location saying:
"You do not have permissions to configure scheduled backups. If desired, run System Administration & Diagnostics program as administrator or contact your system administrator."

Now here's the weird part, I am logged in as admin (the only account active under Maintenance Accounts (there is a support account but it is disabled).
Also, in the SAD tool, I cannot edit the Major Reset Scheduling part, there is a red X through the System Health Report, all of which suggest to me that my account is not the Admin account - could there be another account that I don't even have visibility for?

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Permissions to set backup..?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 11:31:04 AM »
Scheduled backups is a Windows thing... You need to use Windows account credentials that has the ability to do scheduling of events. Many domain policies specifically forbid this action.

Honesty, just do a backup manually now, and then do one occasionally when you make changes, and keep them in a safe place. That is all that is necessary as a backup does not normally do voicemail messages (it exponentially increases the backup size and time involved) and that is what really changes frequently. This isn't like a computer, regular backups don't need to be done because of user changes.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10