Author Topic: 6940 not loading correct firmware or load error?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline mitelphreak

• View Profile
6940 not loading correct firmware or load error?
« on: January 27, 2021, 07:36:17 PM »
Has anyone seen a 6940 do this before?

Any idea what this indicates? This is not loading into the normal MiNet firmware (if it is Minet..)

We swapped the user's phone with a known-good one because we assumed the other was loading incorrect firmware versions or failing to load 100%. This is now happening on the new phone, too.

Are there ways to restore the firmware remotely? According the admin guide "restore defaults" only resets phone settings, not firmware.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 6940 not loading correct firmware or load error?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 07:39:42 PM »
The factory reset will restore the firmware from your controller.
You can download another firmware from rhe softwares download in miacess, then install a tftp server on your computer, change the tftp server manually in the 6940 and download the new one

Offline mitelphreak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 07:58:33 PM »
What is MiAccess? We have MiCloud Business, so all phones communicate with our MBG/PBX in the cloud/Mitel datacenter.
Edit: i see https://miaccess.mitel.com/connect/ but I don't see anywhere to download firmware.

Any idea what the screen indicates? Do you think it failed to load firmware correctly?

Edit: I have deduced that the phone is being loaded in SIP mode instead of MiVoice mode. Any idea on how to change this?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 08:51:10 PM by mitelphreak »

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 09:38:35 PM »
What is MiAccess? We have MiCloud Business, so all phones communicate with our MBG/PBX in the cloud/Mitel datacenter.
Edit: i see https://miaccess.mitel.com/connect/ but I don't see anywhere to download firmware.

Any idea what the screen indicates? Do you think it failed to load firmware correctly?

Edit: I have deduced that the phone is being loaded in SIP mode instead of MiVoice mode. Any idea on how to change this?

You'd go into the Settings -> Voice Services, and select "MiVoice Border Gateway" and give it the MBG IP address. If you've got a working phone, go into Settings -> Status and use the Call Server 1 address listed in Network General Info.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10