Author Topic: Enabling Configuration Assistant  (Read 989 times)

Offline ITJACOB

• View Profile
Enabling Configuration Assistant
« on: January 26, 2021, 05:08:47 PM »
Good Day Everyone,

I have a question/inquiry for our business's Mitel 5000 System. We recently moved our IP Phones and System to a different network, and now do not have access to the AWP webpage (due to the nature of our network, this cannot be changed/routed at the firewall so is stuck as is). I noticed a lot of the manuals stating that a configuration assistant can be called to configure Dynamic Extension Express settings (on, off, and the number it rings). It also states that "if configuration assistant is enabled". How do I go about seeing if configuration assistant is enabled? If it is disabled, how do I enable it? Is this setting only available in certain versions?

If the answer ends up being that we cannot enable a configuration assistant, does anyone know of a remote (at the end user's phone on the LAN) configuration options for changing the Dynamic Express Extension Number without them contacting IT every time they would like it changed?

I can provide any additional info is needed if it is a per version feature to assist any help that might come my way. Thank you all for your support,

Jacob

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Enabling Configuration Assistant
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 06:07:09 PM »
ITJACOB,

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Assistants

If you don't see anything in there then you just need to right-click in the Application Pane and select Create Configuration Assistant and then assign it an extension number.

If you have an open DID then you can point it to the new Configuration Assistant and when people call it will ask for their extension and passcode.

The passcode is the found under each extensions main application page between House Phone Night and Calling Party Name, but the default is the extension number that it was created with; not necessarily what it currently is.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ITJACOB

• View Profile
Re: Enabling Configuration Assistant
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 06:16:44 PM »
Wonderful! Thank you for the swift help. Been looking for something similar to that all morning and just could not find it myself

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10