Author Topic: External Hot Desk / Twinning And Ring Group Voicemail  (Read 1109 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
External Hot Desk / Twinning And Ring Group Voicemail
« on: January 24, 2021, 02:09:01 PM »
Hi, All -

We have a ring group with 4 members and all have external twinning setup.  We want the calls to go to the internal voicemail system after 40 seconds (no one is available) and then the system will email to a shared inbox with the VM recording.  Instead, the system is randomly picking one of the cell phone numbers to leave the voicemail on.  I'm sure it's an easy fix but not sure what it is.

Thanks

Offline eyet60

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: External Hot Desk / Twinning And Ring Group Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 02:38:40 PM »
That’s one of the problems with external hot desk.  The Mitel system can’t tell whether the person answered or their mobile voicemail.

MiCollab soft phones address that issue pretty well if your situation otherwise fits their capabilities and limitations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 03:17:33 PM »
Does that ring group have Call Rerouting to a voicemail box? EHD's do ok unless mobile voicemail picks up quickly (out of service or the user is on another call).

You will have to lower the 40 seconds to 20 (about 3 1/2 or 4 rings). I don't know any cell phone that rings for 40 seconds before voicemail.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 05:30:10 PM »
You can also force cellphone dialed users to press a key for confirmation in their COS

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10