Author Topic: Call Recording - Dynamic License Usage  (Read 1293 times)

Offline PWPaul

• View Profile
Call Recording - Dynamic License Usage
« on: January 22, 2021, 05:16:33 PM »
We have MiVoice Call Recording (Oaisys) configured with dynamic VAT port licenses and I'm trying to evaluate how many licenses we're actually using.

Is there any better way to evaluate the maximum number used in a particular period without resorting to watching the VAT Status at a busy time of day?

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call Recording - Dynamic License Usage
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 05:33:02 AM »
if you are using Micc , with flexible reporting ( number of call by hour / day ...)

Offline PWPaul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 12:14:47 PM »
Fair point, hadn't thought about that much ... but I'm not sure that would give me an accurate number. A fair amount of the extensions we record are not ACD agents, and we also do not record internal calls.

Is there a better report to use than Employee Group Performance by Period? Is there a way to exclude internal calls that I'm not seeing?

There might well not be a report that would actually match our particular criteria. I admit I was really hoping it would just have an max license usage number somewhere...

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 06:39:33 AM »
Look at the Metrics section on your SRC, "License usage" section. AFAIK, SRC tap license is not consumed if the call is not being recorded.

Offline PWPaul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 03:38:00 PM »
Thanks, that's where I was already looking. And the fact that it doesn't consume a license when a call is not being recorded is exactly what makes it hard to forecast ... I can see the momentary usage, but unless I'm watching all the time I can't easily see what the maximum usage is.

For reference in case anyone else is looking for the answer to this, I went through our re-seller and Mitel came back saying that there's no way to do this in the present version. You can see the momentary use, but there's no way to easily find the maximum use to see how close you actually are to your limit.

They mentioned the new version coming later this year, so I'm hoping it might include something for this...

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 10:29:39 PM »
Thanks, that's where I was already looking. And the fact that it doesn't consume a license when a call is not being recorded is exactly what makes it hard to forecast ... I can see the momentary usage, but unless I'm watching all the time I can't easily see what the maximum usage is.

For reference in case anyone else is looking for the answer to this, I went through our re-seller and Mitel came back saying that there's no way to do this in the present version. You can see the momentary use, but there's no way to easily find the maximum use to see how close you actually are to your limit.

They mentioned the new version coming later this year, so I'm hoping it might include something for this...

New version of MiVCR coming? That's surprising since it was announced last year that MiVCR is going EOL in 2023.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 07:24:38 AM »

On an SRC I have access to, there's a +/- button you can use to zoom out up to a month.....if it actually worked. It seems to do nothing on either of the ones I tried but I am sure I have seen this working before.
If that doesn't work, then click the Download button next to "Application metrics CSV export". 30 days of metrics every 10s. Look at the tap_licenses_ columns. If you don't see that button on the Metrics page, look in Admin > File Transfers.

And another thing....I asked the same question about usage of "Concurrent Agents" licenses in MiCC and was told there's no way to find this information. I found it for myself, logged in prairieFyre.Services.EnterpriseServer.log, a tally incremented/decremented when a client logs in/out. So this information probably is in MiVCR somewhere but support don't know about it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 08:04:42 AM by Dogbreath »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10