Author Topic: Using SIP on Calix GigaCenter with Mitel 3300 MXe III  (Read 1836 times)

Offline jlyalls

• View Profile
Using SIP on Calix GigaCenter with Mitel 3300 MXe III
« on: January 20, 2021, 04:59:39 PM »
Good day everyone, I wanted to see if it is at all possible to run the configuration that has been handed to me by my supervisor.  We are an ISP and we also sell PBX systems to businesses.  We also provide triple play services (Phone, Internet, and IPTV) and use a vendor called Calix.  Calix has a product called an 844GE-1 Gigacenter that is fiber fed.  This device has the ability to deliver all services including wireless data.  The task I have been trying to make work is to get the telports on the GigaCenter to use the Mitel PBX as its voice switch.  So the GigaCenter itself has configuration settings to point it to the IP of the proxy server and domain.  My question is, how can I get the MITEL to allow the Calix GigaCenter to pull an IP.  We are sending out request but we are not getting anything back from the Mitel 3300.  Is it possible to login to the linux portion of the mitel box and change the identifiers?

Let me know if you need a network drawing of how I am planning on trying this.

Thank you!
Josh

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Using SIP on Calix GigaCenter with Mitel 3300 MXe III
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 07:55:43 AM »
You may want to post your question on the 3300 section of the forum.  It appears your question is more related to the 3300 than to SIP.

Ralph

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 02:58:17 PM »
jlyalls,

Why would the Calix device need to pull an IP Address from the DHCP Service of the Mitel System [We don't know which one by the way]?

If all it needs is to get voice services then you would normally only need some sort of SIP Device Licensing for each device [Calix in this case] and then create the device in the Mitel System for it to register to.

You might want to be more specific on the Mitel Equipment you are trying to use and the process that the Calix Gigacenter is walking through to get voice services working.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 08:48:17 PM »
This question is a little vague, and sounds more like a networking setup question rather than a SIP specific question... We are also a triple play provider using Calix, but our phone lines are provided by a Meta softswitch. I am a network engineer on the VoIP side, and do double duty on our Mitel PBX's

In this case, your Calix voice network should be isolated from your Mitel network, and you should be able to serve the DHCP for the Calix side from your Calix host or third party server, you would then want an SBC sitting on the network edge of your Mitel, whether that is a MBG, Acme Packet, Sansay, Adtran, or something else to act as your proxy. You setup your ports on your Calix to register to the SBC, which handles the translation to talk to the Mitel.

My question is what are you hoping to gain by doing this way vs using a softswitch for the dial tone? What scale are you looking at here, because getting beyond a few hundred SIP stations on the Mitel can produce some challenges and you have to decide is the licensing is worth it, or if you should be looking at a more at softswitch.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10