Author Topic: license upgrade  (Read 1110 times)

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
license upgrade
« on: January 18, 2021, 02:16:27 PM »
What do I need (part name) to purchase off the Mitel website to upgrade a 5000cp to the newest version. I dont believe I can just download the lastest and install

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: license upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 02:19:50 PM »
RLyon,

Are you a Mitel Vendor or a customer?

If you are a customer then you can't just upgrade your system as that requires access to the systems you need to get the correct licensing and software.

If you are a Mitel vendor then have your salesperson put in the orders and update the SWA if need be.

Thanks,

TE

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 02:23:31 PM »
I am work with the vendor. We are a small company so I need to get them the part number or part name so they can call it in.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 03:19:21 PM »
I am work with the vendor. We are a small company so I need to get them the part number or part name so they can call it in.
It doesn't work that way, they need to go into AMC and request a SWA quote... You can't just "phone it in" with a part number. You will have to pay for software assurance, and a lapse of coverage renewal fee. It will vary based on your system and how it is licensed and how long you have let your SWA lapse.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 03:21:16 PM by acejavelin »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 04:04:44 PM »
RLyon,

If you are working with your vendor then all you need to tell them is you would like to get your system upgraded to the latest version.

Depending on your hardware configuration, which they should know, they will provide you with your options.

For the most part it just requires the license to be upgraded to the latest version AND IF your Software Assurance is not up to date then that will have to be updated as well.

If you have a CS Controller then you will need to go to a HX controller.

If you have external Voice Processor then you will need to move to the Embedded Voice Processor and IF NEED BE a Processing Server - 1 [PS-1], but that would be a hard sell for me.

If you are not on the largest Compact Flash then they may want to update that as well, especially if you had an external Voice Processor as you will need the extra room.

There is nothing for you to look up or verify for them as the salesperson has access to everything and more through Mitel's Sales Assist Products which should tell them everything they need to know about your site and what you would need to be upgraded.

IF they insist that your provide them with a part number for any reason then get yourself a REAL MITEL DEALER that can take over your account with Mitel.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10