Author Topic: Freeleancer Wanted To Help With  (Read 797 times)

Offline srb24srb24

• View Profile
Freeleancer Wanted To Help With
« on: January 18, 2021, 07:49:54 AM »
hi, we're a 2 person company with a 3300 switch (for legacy reasons) - last week we upgrade our internet line (separate circuit)  from ADSL to VDSL and the second I changed the connection type from ADSL to VDSL on the router our phones (5220's) went out and all their lights came on. We rebooted the switch and the phones say booting and do then nothing. The company that installed has gone bust and we don't have admin password(!) 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Freeleancer Wanted To Help With
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 10:21:39 AM »
It sounds like you have a Mitel 3300 with a CXi controller, meaning one with an embedded 16-port POE switch? And the phones are not booting, just lighting up and showing no additional information in the display? Sure sounds like a hardware failure in the controller itself, and switching to VDSL was just a coincidence, however, although coincidences like this happen, it is extremely rare, so troubleshooting with someone who understands networking and VoIP would be useful. Try connecting a phone with a POE injector or to a POE switch connected to a switch on the network (off the LAN port of the Mitel somewhere), but to troubleshoot this we would need a lot more info, starting with what the phones show in the display, if anything.

A competent Mitel tech can reset the password and get into the controller and see what is going on, I would suggest contacting a Mitel vendor in your area as soon as possible.

Offline kokolino23

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Freeleancer Wanted To Help With
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 07:30:37 PM »
First of all, what phone system have you got?
Secondly, where are the phones connected to? Data switch or straight to the phone system?
A basic network explanation would help as well.
Changing the circuit shouldn't have had any impact on the phones.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10