Author Topic: Paging Port Output - Line Level?  (Read 1279 times)

Offline achri332

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Paging Port Output - Line Level?
« on: January 12, 2021, 04:50:11 PM »
Is the Paging Port Output considered a line level out put? For testing purposes could a pair of headphones be connected to the page port to confirm it is outputting page? Our paging stopped working over the weekend, and I'm finding it a bit difficult to test whether the paging output isn't occurring or if there is a failure of either the paging amplifier or zone unit.

I've got page working temporarily with an extra V2001A and a Cisco ATA which we had setup at an external location. If I connect the SIP ATA to a telephone jack and then wire Red to Ring and Green to Tip, the phone system doesn't recognize that anything is connected to the ATA and thus won't connect the "call", it just says "destination is not responding". If I connect the 3.5mm page port (which I've scotchlok'd some telephone patch wire onto) to the Page In on the V2001A I don't get audio out the speakers.

Any thoughts?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Paging Port Output - Line Level?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 08:45:57 PM »
achri332,

Yes you can do that, but keep in mind that headphones are 8 ohms and in stereo and the page port is 600 ohm and mono.

Thanks,

TE

Offline achri332

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 11:50:52 AM »
TE,

Connected up a set of desk speakers, and did confirm the page port is working. Suspecting that the 3.5mm cable could be bad, any reason I couldn't use something like this to go to a single pair telephone jumper wire? (The mono 2 pin version) https://www.amazon.com/Poyiccot-Plated-4-Screw-Terminal-Connectors/dp/B07PPPX53X/

Andrew

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 12:33:02 PM »
achri332,

Sure, that is a 1/8 mini mono plug and it will work fine with the MiVO-250 page port. The screw terminals would make it easier to put in some 22 or 24 gauge wire [4-pair or cross-connect wire] to hook up to the Amplifier; I prefer 22 gauge though.

Thanks,

TE

Offline achri332

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 01:15:18 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation, I've got some ordered, and will give it a go and see if that fixes the issue.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10