Author Topic: Help with Paging problem  (Read 1044 times)

Offline mem5449

• View Profile
Help with Paging problem
« on: January 12, 2021, 04:33:39 PM »
I am looking for a way I can use a Viking CTG-2A (tone generator) on a MV250. Currently, I have the CTG hooked up directly to the pagning talk path for overhead speakers (all self-amplified Valcom). The school has now asked me to add a group of Mitel desktop phones to the overhead speakers group. When I tried to do this (via Mitel SLT port), I get a nasty 'click' (aka "ker-chunk") when the CTG port goes back "on-hook" at the end of the audio file. Mitel and Viking tech support are stumped on ideas to fix this.

My difficulty is the Page port and Trunk ports on the MV250 are only used for audio 'outbound' when paging and I can't use them for audio input so I can get away from using SLT port. ANY ideas on how I could set hits up to eliminate the nasty CLICK noise????

Thanks!

Mike

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Paging problem
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 09:09:30 PM »
mem5449,

So, you would hook up the page output of the phone system to the Audio Input of the Viking CTG-2A. Then the Audio Output would go to the Paging Amplifier.

Once you have that done then you can create a page group that has both your Mitel phones and the Paging Output in it.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10