Author Topic: 2 Line Caller Display With Name and Number on a star application  (Read 892 times)

Stubborn1

We are in the process of building out a STAR application to handle call routing on a time schedule.  They currently use Day/Night Mode to turn the system on/off.

Issue is currently when phone calls come in they display like this;
FIRST NAME LAST NAME
PHONE NUMBER OF CALLER

When using STAR it changes to ;
FIRST NAME LAST NAME  TFR
FROM "username of the STAR application"

Is there anyway to use a STAR application and Not show the Transfer from" and just show both the name and number on the phone display?

Long time lurker on here and I have to say THANK YOU ALL for what you do(Especially TE).  I have solved many problems due to reading this forum.

- Stubborn1

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Line Caller Display With Name and Number on a star application
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 10:53:40 AM »
Stubborn1,

Well, not that I have done much with that you could try one of two things to see if it works for you.

1. Change the phones Transient Display Flag to No or Off.
2. Change to using the Alternate Transient Display Timer and set the Digital/IP Phone Alternate Transient Display timer to 1 or 0 if it lets you.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 03:32:55 PM »
There are two station flags to enable on each phone: Expanded CO Information On Displays and Outside Call Party Information Has Priority.

Go to Phone Related Information/Flags and press F1 for Help.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 04:02:03 PM »
DND ON,

They should already have those flags on as it is showing the correct Caller-ID information on the display for a Direct Incoming call.

If they didn't have the Expanded CO Call Information on Displays turned on it would show the Label of the CO Trunk Group in came in on.

If they didn't have the Outside Party Call Information has Priority it would just show the number the DID called to get to them.

I believe the issue they want to try to resolve is the Transfer from the Voice Processor to a user to eliminate the Transferred From portion of the Transient Diplayed Text.

What I did forget about is the new Display CID on Ringing flag as that is supposed to eliminate the Transient Display information, but you have to be at ver 6.3 I believe.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10