Author Topic: Receptionist needs to have call waiting forever  (Read 866 times)

Offline justthedre

• View Profile
Receptionist needs to have call waiting forever
« on: January 07, 2021, 01:48:36 PM »
Hello this is my first post so please bear with me. I am a novice and can only do the basics in mivoice office 250 system administration and DB things. I have come across an issue now that when an outside caller(random person) calls into our business our receptionist picks up and than when someone else calls while she is on the phone with the first person, the phone will ring for the second caller and keep ringing but only for about 30 seconds than go to voicemail. It never used to do this, would just always ring until she answered.

I am wondering how I can make this second caller ringing in longer like 2 mins or forever until she is able to answer the call? We use Mitel 8528 phone with 2 DSS/PKM key assignment phones/machines connected so she can just hit the transfer button and the button on those phones and hang up.

Things I have tried is, see if the extension is in a hunt group which she is and extend those timers and extend the timers in the system/timers and limits. None worked still only rang for 30 seconds than to voicemail. Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Receptionist needs to have call waiting forever
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 01:56:37 PM »
justthedre,

You need to look at how the call comes in and I think you will find out it is going directly to their extension or a secondary extension that rings their phone, not the Hunt Group anymore.

If it is going to the Hunt Group then remove whatever you have as the Recall Station which is probably VM.

Thanks,

TE

Offline justthedre

• View Profile
Re: Receptionist needs to have call waiting forever
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 04:40:24 PM »
Thank you for the reply. Ok I checked the Hunt Group the receptionist phone is in and the recall is a random 4 digit number, that when dialed from a mitel phone here it takes it to a random voicemail box for another extension. If I get rid of that number in the recall section so it will say NONE will the receptionist still have a voicemail so she can get messages from someone calls while the business is closed?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10