Author Topic: MiVoice Business server-manager access through Web Proxy  (Read 4438 times)

Offline PaulBag

• View Profile
MiVoice Business server-manager access through Web Proxy
« on: January 05, 2021, 12:49:34 PM »
Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I wasn't sure where to post this, in Applications or MiVoice or Mitel Applications as it concerns both. I apologize if it would be better suited elsewhere.

I am struggling to access the MiVoice Business "/server-manager" page remotely through the MBG Web Proxy. I can get the page to load, but when I enter credentials and click login, the page refreshes.

If I am on the local network, and connect to https://192.168.1.2/server-manager I can connect and login with my credentials without issue. Similarly if I connect to https://192.168.1.2 login and select 'Server Manager' it logs me in without issue.

I am using the MBG Remote Proxy service to allow access to the phone system remotely. The MBG domain is "mbg.domain.co.uk" and this is publicly accessible without issue. I have added another domain to the MBG as per the config guide as "pbx.domain.co.uk" and pointed it to the Phone System. I have added an alt-name to the lets encrypt certificate and it all resolves correctly.

If I navigate to https://pbx.domain.co.uk, I have to authenticate against the Web Proxy and then I am displayed the MiVoice Business Login Page without issue. I can log in here to the System Administrator tools and make changes as normal.

When I try to navigate to https://pbx.domain.co.uk/server-manger I authenticate against the Remote Proxy, and am shown the MiVoice Business Server Manager login page. (It's labelled as MiVoice Business above the login box). If I type my credentials in here, the page just refreshes. Typing the wrong credentials shows an invalid password option.

I have noticed that in the MBG -> Remote Proxy -> Proxy Applications the MiVoice Business application does not specifically state that "/server-manager" is a supported URL. I was wondering if this could be the problem? It does show "/" as a supported URL, I am unsure what that means. In the MiCollab Proxy Applications it does show specifically "/server-manager" is supported.

I am wondering if this is an oversight from Mitel, as "/server-manager" didn't exist on MiVoice Business until MiVB 9.

If anyone can offer any advise on this I would be very grateful, at the moment this is only affecting a couple of sites. But we are looking to mass upgrade a whole bunch of sites to MiVB 9 once we have finished our testing.

In case its relevant we are running:

Mitel Standard Linux: 11.0.73.0
MiVoice Border Gateway: 11.0.0.309
MXe-III: 9.1.1.32 (9.1 SP1)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: MiVoice Business server-manager access through Web Proxy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 09:42:07 PM »
I apologize for not being much help, but why in the world do you want the MiVB server manager accessible via the Internet in the first place? That's just asking for trouble.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 05:53:42 AM »
MBG remote proxy has a "remote netblocks" field, which is access control.

The online help says:
"In the current release, you can set permissions to control administrative-level access to the MiCollab Server Manager and the MiVoice Business Embedded System Manager (ESM). In future releases, it will be possible to set permissions to control administrative- and user-level access to the complete range of Mitel applications."

which I interpret as being, access to MiVB's ESM only.

Offline PaulBag

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 07:01:28 AM »
I apologize for not being much help, but why in the world do you want the MiVB server manager accessible via the Internet in the first place? That's just asking for trouble.

Not really, It's no more dangerous then exposing anything else to the internet. In this instance, It is behind a firewall locking access down only to our Static Public IP Address, and furthermore the Web Proxy provides Authentication before allowing access. Its more likely someone would find out VPN credentials then tick both of those boxes.

MBG remote proxy has a "remote netblocks" field, which is access control.

The online help says:
"In the current release, you can set permissions to control administrative-level access to the MiCollab Server Manager and the MiVoice Business Embedded System Manager (ESM). In future releases, it will be possible to set permissions to control administrative- and user-level access to the complete range of Mitel applications."

which I interpret as being, access to MiVB's ESM only.

Thanks for that, I either misread that, or skimmed over it when looking through the notes there. It looks to me like Mitel just haven't got around to adding the config for /server-manager yet. From the list of installed packages I believe MSL uses nginx for reverse proxy. It's likely possible to manually edit the config to provide access for now. I won't test that on a live site though, will attempt it in the lab.

Thanks again for the pointer there!

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 04:27:50 PM »
hi ,

any update ?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10