Author Topic: Call forwarding to external number issue  (Read 1434 times)

Offline gareth.morgan@dkit.ie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Call forwarding to external number issue
« on: January 05, 2021, 09:35:23 AM »
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me. A bit of a newbie on Mitel 3300, can administer new users and devices and create different types of groups and speed calls and so forth, but some things I have never had to change/edit.

So we have run into a problem with Call Forwarding, we allow users to set up call forwarding on their desktop 5312 IP phones, so example ext 2764 diverted to 90868711111, 9 to get outside line and rest of number is a mobile phone number. So if ext 2764 is called internally from another ext then the call forwarding will work. If the extension is called via the Auto Attendant I get 'Sorry this number is not available' and back to AA main menu.

COS for user seems to have all correct options setup

our trunk is an ISDN PRI.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Call forwarding to external number issue
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 09:41:17 AM »
Check the COR of the voice mail ports. Best practice is to set the COR of voice mail ports to not allow external calls to prevent toll fraud. The best way to resolve a COR restriction issue on the VM ports would be to program discrete ARS lines allowing the VM to call only the required numbers, again to avoid toll fraud through a poorly secured voice mail system.

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 09:59:07 AM »
@lundah

Thanks for your quick response, could you point me in the direction of where the COR for voice mail port resides??

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 01:55:18 PM »
lundah is absolutely correct about the toll fraud concern.
But I think the easiest thing to do is to have the user forward to a system speed dial number that overrides toll control.
That's easier than setting up unique ARS routes for each user.

Ralph

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 04:14:55 AM »
@Ralph

Yea I was thinking this but that could potentially be over 1000 staff members, even if I decided to only configure this for admin and management it would mean setting up over 300 new speed calls and then going around each desk phone and reconfiguring them.  This is really only an issue with staff working from home at the moment.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10