Author Topic: unable to schedule micollab awv conference after December 2020 ( micollab 7.0)  (Read 1685 times)

Offline abmitel

• View Profile
Hi

i am unable to schedule awv conference after 31st December 2020 . the dates after 31st december 2020 are not highlighted in the drop down .
micollab version is 7.0

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Known bug, the fix is to upgrade.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
More info: Mitel KMS article SO5428 covers this. It's fixed in MiCollab 8.0.2.7 and greater.

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
OMFG you just can't win with this Mitel crap..

A real bug to make $$ for Mitel, wow such a genius company. Easier that fooling children.

I know many good fix around this bug...

1. Google Meet is free for a while. After the free period, its dirt cheap compare to AWC. Unsubscribe anytime.
2. Zoom is currently free for a while as well and same a Google Meet
3. GoToMeeting is same as above due to COVID.
4. Grandstream (6300 series) if you want a local PBX with AW Conferencing, currently the AWC is free until GS decides you need to subscribe, but i'll be cheaper that Mitel.
5. Conference Now, free audio conferencing. Use it in a pinch. I've used it many times it works just as good a paid, but you don't know if its secure.

Offline lrjones198

• View Profile
Are you unable to update your system by going to ServiceLink then Install Applications then Install Applications tab and download latest update on your Micollab server? This is what I did when I ran into this scenario.

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
Is this update free? Of all the updates I've dealt with from Mitel it's always "you need to purchase the new version."

I'll try the update and share my results.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 01:26:33 PM by ntnher@yahoo.com »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If you maintain software assurance, you can upgrade to the latest versions if hardware allows

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I remember in an older version of AWC that it was just editing the vcs_lib_time.xsl file. I did a quick test on a server that has this problem and making the change did show the range I set. I would always backup the original in case of issues, but the one I edited was in /usr/awc/www/htdocs/vcs/en-us the last directory is for current language I believe and my differ.

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
Wow, thanks JohnP. The version update I can get to is MiCollab 6.0.209.0 and no more without software assurance. Editing that file worked.

Such an ingenious way for Mitel, they knew of this back in 2012. In the code, it mentioned the bugged. Yet they only set it to 2020.. Why not 2050?

Code: [Select]
<!-- Satish Atla March 08 2010 DPAR: MN00286020 AWC: Year Drop Down only goes to 2012 -->
<xsl:template name="yearSelect">
<xsl:param name="selected"/>
<xsl:call-template name="numericSelect">
<xsl:with-param name="range" select="'2002-2020'"/>
<xsl:with-param name="selected" select="$selected"/>
</xsl:call-template>
</xsl:template>

Thanks again JohnP

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Wow, thanks JohnP. The version update I can get to is MiCollab 6.0.209.0 and no more without software assurance. Editing that file worked.

Such an ingenious way for Mitel, they knew of this back in 2012. In the code, it mentioned the bugged. Yet they only set it to 2020.. Why not 2050?

<!-- Satish Atla March 08 2010 DPAR: MN00286020 AWC: Year Drop Down only goes to 2012 -->

Thanks again JohnP

So this info just saved my bacon, I have a customer on 8.0.0.40 that pushed off attempting to upgrade Collab until today, and 8.0.2.401 wouldn't let me install the extra NuPoint applications without going up to 8.1.0.101 or higher. So, this became my rollback safety net. The path to the XSL file was a little different, I believe it was in /usr/awv/www/htdocs..., but it worked and bought us time to do a full stack upgrade when the customer migrates to a new VM host in a month.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Like I said, I remembered having a similar issue in the past. I went on the inter-tel ftp site and found a file called calendar-script.dat which provided the file name. It looks like this was back in 2013 as they script changes 2012 to 2020 hence the comment in the file that needs editing now. Happy to help.

Offline TimLad

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks for this i’m running into the same issues with 8.0.2.401 AMC link is just broke on this version

Offline abmitel

• View Profile
Hi
changed the script as per below and the problem is resolved , thanks all for the inputs
Regards

Thanks again JohnP

So this info just saved my bacon, I have a customer on 8.0.0.40 that pushed off attempting to upgrade Collab until today, and 8.0.2.401 wouldn't let me install the extra NuPoint applications without going up to 8.1.0.101 or higher. So, this became my rollback safety net. The path to the XSL file was a little different, I believe it was in /usr/awv/www/htdocs..., but it worked and bought us time to do a full stack upgrade when the customer migrates to a new VM host in a month.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10