Author Topic: PIMG Media Gateway Between SX2000 and NuPoint RNA  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Foneguy

• View Profile
PIMG Media Gateway Between SX2000 and NuPoint RNA
« on: December 18, 2020, 04:48:09 PM »
Hello everyone.

I service a Hotel running a Mitel SX2000 PBX interfaced with a NuPoint Mail Server. The actual integration between the PBX and the Voice Server is by a PIMG Medial Gateway. All worked well until a couple of months ago when 6 ports out of 7 failed to answer. Port 8 is used only for message lamp on/off. Sometimes the ports would go into "busy" mode and other times it would be RNA (Ring no answer). When this would happen a reset of the PIMG would bring the ports back into service but other times just resetting the PIMG wouldn't resolve the problem. Rebooting the mail server would sometimes also bring the ports back up. So from what I know today there have been no changes, upgrades or other. The ports fail daily with the exception of one port which remains alive and strange enough it's always the same port. I've replaced the PIMG Medial Gateway with another unit but still the problem remains, all ports failing except that one port. There is no time pattern as to when they fail.

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of interface? Previously from one of my other customers with the same kind of setup we had to get rid of the PIMG, install a 3300 controller as the gateway between the SX2000 and NuPoint Mail Server using two T1. The Hotel doesn't have the budget to go the route of a 3300 Gateway so I'm trying to resolve the existing situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10