Author Topic: Forwarded calls are ringing the Primary Attendant  (Read 861 times)

Offline GCD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Forwarded calls are ringing the Primary Attendant
« on: December 15, 2020, 03:08:15 PM »
We have a MVO250 system that's been running for the last few years with no primary attendant configured. It hasn't been missed. Operator is configured through Dial 0 Destination and it's doing all we need.

I recently upgraded the system to 6.3. Since the update the software keeps pestering me to configure a Primary Attendant. So, I gave in. I configured the receptionist's phone as the Primary Attendant. What's to lose, right?

Wrong. The next day the client calls me with a big problem. There are a number of employees working from home who forwarded their extensions to their cell phones. For some wacky reason, while they are in the middle of a conversation, their call starts ringing at the attendant's phone as if it was an abandoned call. The receptionist picks up and essentially barges into the ongoing conversation. When she hangs up the whole call gets disconnected.

This obviously isn't a workable situation so I was forced to delete the attendant.

Question, is there something I can do different to prevent forwarded calls from going to the attendant or, maybe better yet, is there a way to shut off that message that pesters me about the attendant every time I log in?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 03:17:45 PM by GCD »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Forwarded calls are ringing the Primary Attendant
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 12:49:22 AM »
Increase the Unsupervised CO Transfer timer in system timers

Offline GCD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Forwarded calls are ringing the Primary Attendant
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 02:50:44 AM »
Thanks!

I'll have not  been able to try it yet but it sounds promising!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10