Author Topic: Resetting th Micollab Password  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
Resetting th Micollab Password
« on: December 14, 2020, 11:16:22 AM »
Good Morning All,

Have a couple users who use the Micollab Mobile Client at home and have forgotten their passwords.  I went to reset them from the Micollab users and services page but i keep getting a message that it's too short, or not strong enough, etc.  Was curious about how to change the pass.  When we set them up initially we just set it to 1111 and that worked.  Now i cannot do that. I also tried to reset with the Micollab Client services page but the password box is greyed out.  Any hep on getting this changed is appreciated.  Thanks

Perry

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Resetting th Micollab Password
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 03:58:12 PM »
Good Morning All,

Have a couple users who use the Micollab Mobile Client at home and have forgotten their passwords.  I went to reset them from the Micollab users and services page but i keep getting a message that it's too short, or not strong enough, etc.  Was curious about how to change the pass.  When we set them up initially we just set it to 1111 and that worked.  Now i cannot do that. I also tried to reset with the Micollab Client services page but the password box is greyed out.  Any hep on getting this changed is appreciated.  Thanks

Perry
Passwords can't be that short...

From MiCollab - Configuration Section - MiCollab Settings - Password Strength

The Password Strength defines a set of rules which is applied to new passwords created by end users.

A new weak password must:
be from 6 to 20 characters in length.
not contain your old password or your login ID.
not be the same as recently used 1 password.

A new medium password must:
be from 7 to 20 characters in length.
not be too simple (cannot contain a word from a dictionary or be too repetitive).
not be the same as recently used 3 passwords.

A new strong password must:
be from 8 to 20 characters in length.
not be too simple (cannot contain a word from a dictionary or be too repetitive).
contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number, and one non-alphanumeric character (for example #).
not be the same as recently used 5 passwords.

And at the bottom of that page there is a field that says "Select password strength:" with a dropdown next to it.

1111 always used to be (and I think still is) the default embedded voicemail password though.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 04:01:03 PM by acejavelin »

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
Re: Resetting th Micollab Password
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 09:02:43 AM »
Ace,

I am a little puzzled on this password issue.  When we initially setup all users on the new micollab system (When we upgraded) We set every users authentication to login name and password as 1111.  That is the way that 75%of all users stll have it set.  Even though the password strength says STRONG it still let us.  Now it will not.  Any idea why that would be??  And is that the proper place to set that?  In the Users and Servces under Authenticaion.  Now when i try to use a Generic password Standard1, it tells me i can't because it is based on a dictionary word.  WTH?  Any thoughts??   thanks

Perry

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10