Author Topic: TFTP Upgrade  (Read 2279 times)

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
TFTP Upgrade
« on: December 10, 2020, 09:40:30 AM »
Has anyone had any luck using the TFTP upgrade in the AWP? I tried and it kept saying it couldn't find /Packages. I set the TFTP server as my computers IP. I had Solarwinds TFTP started and placed the folders in the C://Root-TFTP folder. I tried putting both Prompts and Software folder in there, I tried just placing the files in the top level of the tftp folder. I see Packages in the Prompts folder, but the AWP keeps saying Unable to find it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: TFTP Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 03:03:42 PM »
Probably firewall or other Windows security software... Fairly easy to check with a simple tftp client from any other PC on the network.

I don't know about Solarwinds, always used Tftpd64 and had no issues although I do 90% of my upgrades via USB now days.

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 04:32:53 PM »
Yes it is easier to with USB but many times the client does not want it done when business is open. Can you give me a simple break down of what you do with Tftpd64. Where do you get a legit copy from as I am nervous about downloading software and the extras that may come with.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 07:04:06 PM »
Yes it is easier to with USB but many times the client does not want it done when business is open. Can you give me a simple break down of what you do with Tftpd64. Where do you get a legit copy from as I am nervous about downloading software and the extras that may come with.

Last time I needed to upgrade after hours, I stopped by before COB day of, plugged in the USB, did the upgrade from AWP over VPN, then just swung by the next morning to grab my USB drive. Of course, this place was also 1/4 mile from my office. Could just send the USB back and forth by mail if in person isn't feasible.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 12:15:52 AM »
Tftpd is an open source project, it's in the github repos... but the most current release is here: http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html

Once you embrace the FOSS software culture, this stuff becomes second nature, but I am not going to go around preaching Linux in this forum.

It is very simple to use, but the honestly the server shouldn't matter... tftp is a very simple protocol, either you have a firewall issue or a network issue. It is not easy to mess it up.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 10:07:50 AM »
RLyon,

Most likely you don't have the AWP looking at the correct location.

As for using TFTPD32 and now TFTPD64 that is what was supported by Inter-Tel and you can find it in their documentation for the Axxess and Inter-Tel 5000 I believe; it is a great tool.

Post a picture of what you have in your AWP to look at your TFTP server and I bet we will see the problem.

Thanks,

TE

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 03:08:14 PM »
Maybe my TFTP64 is not setup correctly, considering that their are no files showing up. Why that is....I do not know. Never had to use TFTP beside 6900 upgrades using Solarwind. Atleast with Solarwind you have to start it, whereas I do not know how to start this one or is it always running. I have checked Services which also is where Solarwinds TFTP is running. I do not have multiple TFTPs on this server just the one. I use Solarwinds on my other PC.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 03:53:12 PM »
Maybe my TFTP64 is not setup correctly, considering that their are no files showing up. Why that is....I do not know. Never had to use TFTP beside 6900 upgrades using Solarwind. Atleast with Solarwind you have to start it, whereas I do not know how to start this one or is it always running. I have checked Services which also is where Solarwinds TFTP is running. I do not have multiple TFTPs on this server just the one. I use Solarwinds on my other PC.
Look again...

The IP you have in the Mitel: 192.18.2.219
The IP in Tftpd64 for the interface: 192.168.2.219

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 04:30:10 PM »
Geez, do I feel foolish. I must have accidentally deleted a number in the middle of a snip.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 04:41:48 PM by RLyon »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 01:26:56 PM »
Geez, do I feel foolish. I must have accidentally deleted a number in the middle of a snip.
It's all good... But it appears that wasn't the answer though.

Is your laptop and the Mitel on the same VLAN?

Set your TFTP file directory in Tftpd to be a directory deeper, or even two. Also, look at the Log Viewer tab when you try to read the package details, it might make it easy to understand. If you don't see anything in the logging, then you likely have a firewall/security software issue blocking the traffic.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 08:59:39 AM »
RLyon,

Well, it looks to me like you are looking in the wrong place for packages.

Try changing the AWS from SystemSoftware to TFTP-Root\SystemSoftware.

Also, make sure that Packages does exist under SystemSoftware.

Then look at your Log Viewer on the TFTPD to see what it finds as a problem.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10