Author Topic: Excessive Jitter Issue  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
Excessive Jitter Issue
« on: December 03, 2020, 11:24:03 AM »
Just trying to figure out where the jitter is happening.  Looking for where to start troubleshooting this issue.  Our Micollab server show MINOR alarms about excessive Jitter.  it shows this

MBG   excessive jitter   621671774-4041960453Y   Minor   Wed 02 Dec 2020 15:44:31 CST   comment:excessive jitter, rtp packets queued:30

Not sure if this is jitter ion hte MBG or if it is a phone issue.  Any thoughts on where to start looking would be appreciated.  Thanks

Perry

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Excessive Jitter Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 12:47:35 PM »
I assume this is for a remote Teleworker phone? If so, it is most likely an Internet or far end issue... If it continues, standard troubleshooting practices apply and use TNA (Teleworker Network Analyzer) from the far end to see if there is bad jitter or delay. Then again, if the user doesn't complain followup with them and if all is good just let it go. I have seen this before sometimes and talk to the user and they have no issues... No point in fixing a problem that isn't one.

This can occasionally be a bad phone, if everything looks fine, try swapping it.

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 01:50:06 PM »
Ace,

What would give you the indication it is a teleworker?  We only have a few working from home.  Is there a log somewhere that will show me what is causing the jitter?  I believe i can troubleshoot it but not too familiar with Micollab yet.  Just looking for a little push.  Thanks

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 06:25:14 PM »
The value "621671774-4041960453Y" relates to the SIP dialog. MBG is only concerned with this, not the user/ext.

Easiest way to find the user would be to search the tug log for that value.

In MiCollab Administration > View log files
Log file to view would be tug/tug_{servername}_{date/time stamp}.log(.gz) <-- make sure you search the correct log, you can check the date/time it happened in the event viewer.
Then use the value from the alarm in the filter pattern.

That should point you in the right direction on who the user is.

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 09:32:21 AM »
Sarond,

Did what you stated and nothing on any value that i searched.  I tried teh log files from a few dif days with no results.  Here is the log file i searched. (tug_tug_mwncol01.xxxxx.com_20201202_112610.log).  Is this the correct TUG log?  there are others

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 10:07:05 PM »
That is the log that I tested with.

You just have to make sure the value is correct and that the date of the log is the right one.

You could download a few to make sure your timestamps are within the range that the event happened.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10