Author Topic: settings for Grandstream ata  (Read 1826 times)

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
settings for Grandstream ata
« on: December 03, 2020, 10:10:02 AM »
I am trying to add a fax machine as a sip extension using a Grandstream HT802. Do I need to change settings in the Mitel DB to allow fax's from this device. I have my PBX as the Primary and the outbound. I can receive fax's but I can not send fax's. I can call out from my Fax machine when dialing my cell number. It's a Brother MFC 7820N Fax. I keep getting "NG: Poor Line Condition" I tried changing the compatibility in the fax from Basic-high and changed the Fax maximum connection speed under System> Device and Feature Codes > IP Related Information > Call configuration > 1
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 10:13:27 AM by RLyon »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: settings for Grandstream ata
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 10:35:22 AM »
Connect it to an analog port on the MiVO 250 if at all possible...

Remember this system does not support T.38. To make faxing work using G.711 you need to have things setup near perfectly with your trunking. If it's SIP trunks, your likely not going to get it working. If it is (real) analog trunks, you need to have them properly setup for levels and impedance/echo cancellation  and it might work. If you have a true digital PRI (not a SIP PRI) you might actually get this to work, but without doing anything special, it should just work or not work.

In my experience, faxing through the 5000 with anything but a traditional PRI has been dodgy at best, but with the proliferation of SIP based services, faxing is becoming a more and more difficult thing to deal with especially on this system.

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »
the ATA is at a remote location. It was a stand alone device before not connected to the pbx. But now we need to connect it. They are SIP Trunks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 08:39:53 AM »
RLyon,

The problem is that you system probably hasn't been conditioned for faxing.

Also, it only supports T.38 faxing unless you want to just try G.711 and hope for the best.

I suggest opening up the Help File [F1] while in Database Programming and search for "Fax Over IP" and that should get you started.

The thing most people forget about is setting the Fax Detection Sensitivity; 0 means it is off.

Once you have a better understanding of how FoIP works then I am sure you will get better results.

Thanks,

TE

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 09:33:00 AM »
Tech,

First, I do appreciate the feed back from everyone who replies to my post. Yes, I did read it. I had my sensitivity set to 20, but Fax Detection is the capability to detect automatically whether an incoming call is voice or fax, but it still has to be above zero to have faxing enabled. I am not having trouble receiving fax's but sending them. I will keep looking though. Thank you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10