Author Topic: call forwards/alternate/timers/etc  (Read 1148 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
call forwards/alternate/timers/etc
« on: December 02, 2020, 05:13:45 PM »
Hi folks.
With many folks WFH lately, I've had some pretty odd requests... I can't quite figure this one out.

This person has a desk phone, x454. Historically it's always done what the others do - rings for 22 seconds, then goes to 800, the VM pilot.

Well now, she wants internal calls only to forward to her cell at 12 seconds, but any other calls to ring the desk and go to VM as usual after 22.

I have a 'forward no answer internal' number set, and enabled, but I can't figure out where the timer is for this, or how that differentiates between the regular 22 second forward to alternates timer (VM).

I made a custom COS for her and set the forward no answer timer to 12, but it still rings 22s then goes to her cell.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
-dg

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: call forwards/alternate/timers/etc
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 05:28:46 PM »
You can't have two timers in the same cos
You will find the 22s in the system option

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 11:05:01 AM »
Yes - I see that. However, the system timer and the COS timer are two separate yet simultaneous things, from what I see.
It actually does work as I expected -
The system timer goes to the 2nd alternate dest at 22s. The COS timer goes to the 1st alternate dest (in this case route 1 which is nowhere, but it does go to the forward no answer number)

Confusing - but it works!
I was afraid I'd have to build custom alternate routes and phantom extensions/speed calls, but it turns out that's not the case here.

Thanks!
-dg

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 12:35:00 PM »
Yes - I see that. However, the system timer and the COS timer are two separate yet simultaneous things, from what I see.
It actually does work as I expected -
The system timer goes to the 2nd alternate dest at 22s. The COS timer goes to the 1st alternate dest (in this case route 1 which is nowhere, but it does go to the forward no answer number)

Confusing - but it works!
I was afraid I'd have to build custom alternate routes and phantom extensions/speed calls, but it turns out that's not the case here.

Thanks!
-dg

the timer for call forwand no answer 2nd alternative = in the system option.

Cheers

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10