Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Day Rings vs. Night Rings  (Read 2331 times)

Offline kaericarroll

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 Day Rings vs. Night Rings
« on: December 01, 2020, 11:24:50 AM »
We have a Mitel 5000 (6.2.2.13).  We have one Voice Processor > Device > Application set up for Day Time (STAR) and one for Night Time (Call Routing Announcement).  When folks call during the day, the main line rings 4x before transferring to the auto-attendant.  When folks call during the evening, the main line goes directly to the auto-attendant.  We'd like the main line (day and night) to ALWAYS go directly to the auto-attendant, and I can't for the life of me find the setting... Any help is appreciated!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5000 Day Rings vs. Night Rings
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 11:51:31 AM »
This is done in the CO Trunk Group.

Offline kaericarroll

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 01:17:46 PM »
The CO trunk group says calls to the main line during the day sends calls to routing table 3, and night calls to call routing table 4.

Routing table 3 sends daytime calls to Voice Processor App 2507, and night calls to Voice Processor App 2505.  I don't see any options to changing ring # or delay timers...

Offline kaericarroll

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 09:56:15 AM »
Bump.  Anybody? Appreciate the help!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 10:29:17 AM »
You have to go deeper... Your not even to where ringing occurs yet. Once it gets through the CRA, it should be going to an extension or hunt group, that is where you need to change things.

Offline kaericarroll

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 01:13:54 PM »
AH HA, there it is!  Set the recall timer under the main line hunt group to 1, the main line does 1/2 a ring them blammo, right to the auto attendant. THANK YOU, that was making me nuts, appreciate the help. :)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 03:24:55 PM »
AH HA, there it is!  Set the recall timer under the main line hunt group to 1, the main line does 1/2 a ring them blammo, right to the auto attendant. THANK YOU, that was making me nuts, appreciate the help. :)
Not a very elegant solution, but if it works for you, great.

The better solution would be to have the CRA that is pointing hunt group point to the AA, or even cleaner, whatever is pointing to the CRA that points to the HG, change that to point to the AA. No ring at phone, calls direct to AA.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 07:37:41 AM »
Kaericarroll,

It looks like the best solution would be to look in your STAR [2507] on Entry 19 [M-F] and change where it goes to. My guess is that entry 19 goes to a CRA that just has a Digit Translation that times out to the Hunt Group you changed the Recall Timer on.

If you change entry 19 to go to what the Recall of the Hunt Group is, your true day AA, then you would have a better solution.

Thanks,

TE

Offline kaericarroll

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2020, 10:11:12 AM »
You're absolutely right Entry #19 [M-F] pointed to STAR 2503, which had "NONE" under the Auto Attendant, but listed the Timeout to transfer to Hunt Group 400. 

I tried pointing 19 to Hunt Group 400, but it popped up a dialogue box asking me to select an extension. (And wouldn't let me add one there.)

Instead I left 19 pointed at 2503, but updated the Auto Attendant under 2503 from "None" to the HG 400. (?)

Sorry to be so dense (and thanks for taking pity, lol).  I inherited this system and have figured out a fair piece - but get mired in this foundational stuff.  (We had a Mitel shop that set it all up eight years back, but they closed a few years ago and I wasn't given a budget to hire someone else, since I "know the phone system" ... lol.)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 10:59:17 AM »
kaericarroll,

I think you are still just a little bit confused; not much though. The STAR can only send calls to other Voice Processor Applications and nothing else.

Go to your Hunt Group 400.

System > Device and Feature Codes > Hunt Groups > 400

What is the extension in the Recall Field; write that down.

Now, go to the STAR 2507 and change Entry 19 to go to the extension number you just wrote down.

Voice Processor > Devices > Applications > 2507 > Entry 19 [M-F]

Change the Application of Entry 19 from 2503 to what you wrote down. The only thing a STAR can use for extensions are other Voice Processor Applications which is why you saw it go to 2503 and then Time Out to Hunt Group 400 in order to get the calls to that Hunt Group.

Thanks,

TE

Offline kaericarroll

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2021, 02:31:12 PM »
Just realized I never said THANK you.  This helped tremendously, I appreciate the info!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10