Author Topic: Migration from 8.0sp3 to 9.1sp1...ET2 Hell  (Read 950 times)

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
Migration from 8.0sp3 to 9.1sp1...ET2 Hell
« on: November 24, 2020, 04:22:55 PM »
Hello all!
I am posting to see if anyone else has the same issue that i am experiencing.
55+ site cluster.
Started the 9.1 migration, and now all of my MXE-III servers are blasting a "E2T comms alarm". Was I supposed to do something special for these?
The software is the same for both CXII and MXE. I also ran the "Upgradebootrom All" command. Issues have begun with calling/audio issues/admin group alarms etc.
Please advise! :)

Thanks

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Migration from 8.0sp3 to 9.1sp1...ET2 Hell
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 04:30:16 PM »
Hello all!
I am posting to see if anyone else has the same issue that i am experiencing.
55+ site cluster.
Started the 9.1 migration, and now all of my MXE-III servers are blasting a "E2T comms alarm". Was I supposed to do something special for these?
The software is the same for both CXII and MXE. I also ran the "Upgradebootrom All" command. Issues have begun with calling/audio issues/admin group alarms etc.
Please advise! :)

Thanks

You have to read the release notes, there's something about e2t but can't remember

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
Re: Migration from 8.0sp3 to 9.1sp1...ET2 Hell
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 11:36:09 AM »
Slightly more specific, you need to upgrade the bootloader and firmware on the E2T cards when going from anything from before 9.0 to 9.0 or later. I usually do all of my PBX upgrades myself (not a Mitel VAR, just a sysadmin) and our VAR strongly recommended that we either have them come out for the upgrade, or at least keep them informed of when we were upgrading because it is a much worse upgrade than usual.

I'm having trouble finding the email chain back and forth with my VAR from when we made the hop, but I do recall that there was an entire separate section on upgrading the bootloader when upgrading from a pre 9.0 release, and in our specific instance I had to set a static IP for the E2T on all three of our PBX's because they weren't picking up DHCP after the upgrade.

On the bright side, once you get on to 9.0 or later, upgrades become ridiculously easy.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10