Author Topic: Change admin password on Oaisys Recording Server  (Read 1167 times)

Offline ComputerGeek96

• View Profile
Change admin password on Oaisys Recording Server
« on: November 13, 2020, 08:07:03 PM »
I have a client who was recently hacked.  everything has been secured except the Oaisys recording server.  I did not install the system.  I am pushing to get the default admin user account "oaisys" password changed.  the people that are supporting the software say that changing the password will break the system.  I've seen several times before where changing passwords will break scripts or other processes where a password has been hard coded in a task or something but not as they describe.  I can't fathom any reputable software would make it so you cannot change the password without permanently breaking it.  Can someone here confirm or deny what these people are saying??

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Re: Change admin password on Oaisys Recording Server
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 04:32:37 AM »
Ignore the previous edit as I just realised you are talking about the Windows account.

The password can be updated on this, you would just need to then update the password any of the Oaisys services that are running using that account.
It would stop call recording working until this had been done, which worst case would be a few minutes.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 04:36:38 AM by Magpye »

Offline ComputerGeek96

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 04:27:01 PM »
Thank you for the reply, that helps a lot.  Just for my education, you confirmed what I suspected on the windows account but are their other admin accounts that changing the password for will break the system just so I am thorough in my investigation??

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 12:29:56 PM »
The admin account 'sysadmin' the is created in default is non-ad so shouldn't be impacted.
If they have created an AD-linked admin account for you then it would just use the new password when you logged in.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10