Author Topic: Nat to Native  (Read 1076 times)

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
Nat to Native
« on: November 04, 2020, 10:11:32 AM »
I know this was posted in 2013, but besides it being 7 years later and with the whole pandemic issue is there a way for the client to change their phones from NAT to Native from either their phone or the Web GUI under Support?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Nat to Native
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 10:12:43 AM »
No

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 12:33:59 PM »
Is there something that needs to be done to allow an IP phone to work Both offsite as well as onsite with out having to change those settings in the DB?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 05:21:48 PM »
Is there something that needs to be done to allow an IP phone to work Both offsite as well as onsite with out having to change those settings in the DB?
Unfortunately with a Minet phone, no, it just doesn't work that way without a Mitel Border Gateway.

If you have an Intertel IP phone working remotely, it has an Auto option and it works quite well in most cases, but Minet phones do not support this and it must be manually switched for whether are on the network Natively or via NAT.

The only other way I know around this would be to put a public IP address directly on the Mitel, but that can have some pretty serious security implications in itself.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 09:25:05 AM »
RLyon,

The only other options you could have is for the customer to use a VPN tunnel to get to their site's network. The average company or person is not going to have this capability though.

Sorry,

TE

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 04:20:58 PM »
Rlyon,

You can program all the phones to be remote phones, As long as the firewall is configured to allow internal to its own public connection you should be able to leave all phones as remote phones even while onsite.

A major problem of this is if there is any issues with the internet all of the phones will go out.

-Travis

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10