Author Topic: SIP won't hunt  (Read 666 times)

Offline rsybel

• View Profile
SIP won't hunt
« on: October 28, 2020, 01:55:44 PM »
Hello Everyone,

New to the forums. I've been lurking and found lots of useful information. Thanks to all who have shared their knowledge. It helps newbie's like me to get a handle on the Mitel system.

I've got an older Mitel 5000 system, version 5.1.0.20. My "boss" got this system used, with 32 phones. We're only using 3 for the foreseeable future.
The original system used PRI, but we're using SIP. It seems to me that alot of the SIP configuration works in parallel with the CO Trunk stuff. Not everything crosses over cleanly.

Anyway, we can make calls out. Incoming calls right now route to 1 phone. All this works.
What my boss wants is for the incoming calls to go to extensions 10 -> 11 -> 20 -> Voicemail, of course skipping any phone already in use.
I've tried using a Hunt Group, but doesn't ring any phone. Using an Extension List in the Call Routing Table rings all the phones simultaneously (not what we want). Using a Ring In Type of Single and putting the Hunt Group in the extension doesn't ring anything.

What's the correct (or simplest) way to make this work with a SIP trunk? I feel like I'm heading in the wrong direction. I've tried creating a new System Forwarding Rule and applying it to the 10 extension, raising it to the top of the list. With a list of phones, or a Hunt Group, it also appears not to work.

Can anyone give me a good place to start? What's the recommended way to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help
Randy

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SIP won't hunt
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 09:12:32 AM »
rsybel,

Well, what you can do is go back to using a Hunt Group.

Instead of using a List put each user in the order you want them to be offered calls; in this case 10 -> 11 -> 20.

Anytime a call comes in the Hunt Group, regardless of trunking type, it will ring 10 then 11 and then 20 based on the No Answer Advance Timer (default 18 sec).

Now, you also want it to go to Voice Mail, but you didn't say how much time you wanted users to stay in the Hunt Group so we will just assume the average time of 60 seconds; which is high for some. Since each users will be offered the call for 18 seconds then it will make it through all 3 and then go back to 10 for 6 seconds; if no one answers. Since that is the case you may want to change either the No Answer Advance timer or the Recall Timer (default 180 sec) or both.

The other thing you didn't state is what mailbox or AA you wanted to send the calls to if they didn't answer. I am assuming you really want a mailbox since you just stated Voice Mail, but you never know.

Anyway, if you set Recall to go to the Voice Mail application then you would need to create a mailbox associated with the Hunt Group and then you can have that alert any of the 3 users above or setup Unified Messaging to send out an E-Mail to all three; if it is a group email address.

The other option is to send it to an already existing mailbox by creating a Call Routing Application that just times out to the mailbox you want it to go to. This new Call Routing Application is what you would put in as the Recall; don't forget to remove the Day and Night recordings.

Hopefully that gets you going in the right direction.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10