Author Topic: Call Forwarding to Hunt Group/Voice Mail  (Read 943 times)

Offline rpearce

• View Profile
Call Forwarding to Hunt Group/Voice Mail
« on: October 05, 2020, 08:19:20 AM »
Hello,

I'm having a serious brain fart moment and can't seem to setup something I though I had done previously. I have a department of 3 users each with a Mitel 5330e, only one of them is working in the office but has a lot of meetings so isn't always around. None of the phones are set to forward.

What I wanted to do was have the phones setup to divert to the Hunt Group if not answered, which I managed on the Routing 1st Alternative. If they then we're still not picked up I wanted it to jump to the Voice Mail of the Hunt Group. I have the Voice Mail on the Hunt Group but can not manage to get it to divert to it. If I call the Hunt Group number it diverts to Voice Mail after 6 rings. I've tried 1st Alt and 2nd Alt on the Hunt Group/Voice Mail but can not get it to work. (Ext - Hunt - VM)

I may be going about this completely the wrong way. Any help/direction much appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 08:22:57 AM by rpearce »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Call Forwarding to Hunt Group/Voice Mail
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 10:10:45 AM »
I would think that using 1st alt to the hunt group and second alt to the VM should have worked.
It's possible that your timers are off.   The COS timer for call rerouting timer has to be shorter than the reroute timer in the system options.

Another thing you can experiment  with is call forwarding (rather than call rerouting) on RNA to the hunt group and then use the 1st alt to forward the HG to VM.

Offline rpearce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 11:44:01 AM »
Thank you for your help.

I think I may have a Voice Mail issue or a VM Port issue as when I dial the Hunt Group VM I get a recorded message but if I set the 1st/2nd Alts it passes it to, possibly, an old Auto Attendant message that loops around.

I go with the Call Forwarding.

Many thanks

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 06:10:21 PM »
One thing to remember is the number voicemail will see is usually the original number dialed. You can change this with either a name tag hunt group or acd path, acd path is best choice. Look at the knowledge base. Think there is something regarding embedded vmail to have different day/night greetings. Concept is the  same

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10