Author Topic: Ringing audio  (Read 1318 times)

Offline magnus

• View Profile
Ringing audio
« on: September 29, 2020, 03:35:43 PM »
I am working on a Call processing version: 6.3.6.21 with a Babytel SIP trunk.

When they are making an outbound call it has no ringing audio until the other person picks up the call. Internal calls are working properly.

I spoke to the provider and was told we needed to turn on NAT constant. So that is done now but it did not make any change.

I am seeing messages below and am wondering if there is a reason for that. I would have expected to get a RINGING.

-01:816- 14:21 29-09 *** SIP RX ['74347'-'@0P1F']: SIP/2.0 100 Trying

-01:817- 14:21 29-09 *** SIP RX ['74347'-'@0P1F']: SIP/2.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required

Any ideas?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ringing audio
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 03:45:10 PM »
Magnus,

You will need to provide the full SIP handshake so we can see what services are agreed upon by the MiVO-250 and the Babytel.

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 03:51:47 PM »
Sent in a PM

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 08:25:37 AM »
magnus,

From what I can tell they are not following RFC 3261, but I also don't see where you are requiring PRACK (Support 100rel) either. PRACK support is only used for acknowledgement of provisional messages (100, 180, 183, etc..) where a response is required 200/ACK.

The 180 Ringing is a message from the UA (Babytel in this case) showing that they received the INVITE and are trying to alert the user. This response MAY be used to initiate local ringback.

In contrast a 183 Session Progress response is used to convey information about the progress of the call that is not otherwise classified (read we don't know that the remote phone is ringing); this usually comes with SDP as well so that messages can be played while waiting.

Now, it looks as though we are not seeing all of the traffic. Where did you get the packet capture from and what were the settings on that device for recording the packet information? You could also request a packet capture from Babytel and see if they are sending out a Provisional Message of 180 Ringing.

Thanks,

TE

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 06:30:38 PM »
I sent you the output from the Mitel itself.
I will contact Babytel and see what their data shows.

Thank you!

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 05:10:14 PM »
This is what Babytel sent back to me afterI sent them a few traces.

Hi David,

The case has been escalated with the examples and the traces to our engineer. Here is his analysis:
The problem is on the Mitel-5000.it sent RTP packets from a port not indicated in the SDP (INVITE). For this, Mitel must send early media to find out.
babyTEL send RTP to declare the port in SDP (INVITE) . After 2 seconds if not receiving any RTP packet from Mitel-5000( in this case, we lost the ring back)
When receiving RTP packets from Mitel-5000,babyTEL send RTP packets to the exact port.

You need to check with Mitel-5000 how to correct this issue.

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 12:23:50 PM »
For future searchers

After a bunch of troubleshooting the Sonicwall seems to have been the issue. The IT guy changed a bunch of the rules and eventually ended up locking out his remote access.
I left site and the IT headed to site and worked on the network for a few more hours.
Then all was resolved. I do not know what the solution is specifically.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 08:52:30 AM »
Magnus,

For future reference when working with a SonicWall make sure they turn off SIP Transformations so this doesn't happen.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10