Author Topic: Best Softphone Choice  (Read 1031 times)

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
Best Softphone Choice
« on: September 28, 2020, 08:57:47 AM »
Hi everyone, I have been searching the forums a bit but am still confused on this topic.  I am looking for the "best" softphone that I could use for my situation.  We have a MiVoice Office 250.  I have one, maybe two, users that would like a softphone that can work remotely.  Ideally I would like something that is standalone and doesn't require another platform/software to be installed alongside the MiVoice Office 250.  Just want to install the softphone on their machine, configure it with our teleworker/public address, add the phone wherever needed in my 250, and go - if that is possible.  I see the MiCollab Client Softphone listed - but I am unclear if that requires me to have a MiCollab server or anything like that?  It doesn't have to have any extra features, just dialing by extension and dialing outbound using our trunks on the controller.  I do have a couple spare Cat F licenses if a SIP solution is something that would work best.  If I use a SIP softphone, can it connect to our public IP address of our controller and register?  And, to add on top of this...we are MAC users, so I know this will severely limit my possibilities.  I do have Parallels running Windows on the machine, so that could be an option if necessary.

Thanks for your opinions!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Best Softphone Choice
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 09:00:11 AM »
dhumes0524,

try the 3 CX softphone.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Best Softphone Choice
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 03:48:54 PM »
We recommend Zoiper

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10