Author Topic: Wireless SIP Phone Compatability  (Read 1933 times)

Offline josh_marchant

• View Profile
Wireless SIP Phone Compatability
« on: September 25, 2020, 09:46:26 AM »
We've got a Mitel 5000 system, and some Mitel 112 SIP DECT cordless handsets that aren't durable enough for our environment. I'm looking at switching to the Yealink W52P SIP set, which as far I can tell should work absolutely fine with our Mitel 5000 system. However, I just wanted to check with someone a little more experienced then me that they'll work as expected before I buy them.

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/15828-yealink-sip-w52p/

Am I right in thinking this will work fine?

Offline josh_marchant

• View Profile
Re: Wireless SIP Phone Compatability
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 09:52:24 AM »
Also, if I had the Yealink base station next to the Mitel one, would it be likely to cause interference or should it be fine?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 10:45:33 AM »
josh_marchant,

Those phones don't look any more durable than the 112 is, but to each their own. if you need a rugged cordless phone look at the Engenius Durafon or Durawalkies; which are analog not SIP.

Regardless though a SIP Device will work with the MiVO-250 if you have the licensing for them. If you are removing the 112 and replacing it with a Yealink then you will have the licensing you need. Keep in mind though that features support is by the lowest common denominator. This means it has to be supported on both the phone and the MiVO-250 unless it is a feature that is P2P or Multicast between devices.

Thanks,

TE

Offline josh_marchant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 10:55:13 AM »
Thanks, I expected they should work fine and licencing won't be an issue.

I know these don't seem to be particularly more durable, but they are considerable cheaper to replace if they do break :)

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 10:59:27 AM »
We've deployed both the Yealinks you mentioned and SNOMs with success on the Mitel 250.

A few of our sites are in the same boat - they aren't any more durable but are fairly inexpensive.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 04:07:47 PM »
We've deployed both the Yealinks you mentioned and SNOMs with success on the Mitel 250.

A few of our sites are in the same boat - they aren't any more durable but are fairly inexpensive.
The Yealink W59R ruggedized handset is pretty durable. We use them on our hosted product with the W60B base.

Offline josh_marchant

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 03:04:33 AM »
The Yealink W59R ruggedized handset is pretty durable. We use them on our hosted product with the W60B base.

I'll have a look into those too. I assume they're SIP too? I can't actually see any mention of SIP on any product pages or spec sheets.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 03:22:38 AM by josh_marchant »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 07:49:56 AM »

I'll have a look into those too. I assume they're SIP too? I can't actually see any mention of SIP on any product pages or spec sheets.
All the Yealink handsets are DECT, but the W60B base you pair them to is SIP and supports up to 8 accounts (extensions). I recommend the W56H or W59R handsets (avoid the W52H handsets, the W53H are OK but battery life isn't near as good). Note you can also pair a CP930W wireless conference phone to the same base.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10