Author Topic: 5320/5330's - assign Teleworker mode & server IP via DHCP  (Read 1717 times)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
5320/5330's - assign Teleworker mode & server IP via DHCP
« on: September 24, 2020, 01:55:00 PM »
I should know this, but does anyone know if it's possible to set 5320/5330's in Teleworker mode and assign the MBG IP address via DHCP options, or do we have to manually set it at each phone?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 5320/5330's - assign Teleworker mode & server IP via DHCP
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 07:42:58 PM »
I should know this, but does anyone know if it's possible to set 5320/5330's in Teleworker mode and assign the MBG IP address via DHCP options, or do we have to manually set it at each phone?
Not exactly put them in TW mode, but all TW mode really is setting an IP address manually to the ICP and TFTP IP address locations. You can just use a standard Mitel Option 125 or 43 and set the ICP and TFTP address as the MBG's public IP address. Works fine, but do NOT define a VLAN parameter in the final DHCP step (if you use DHCP to hop VLANs).

So like this for option 43 (easiest):

id:ipphone.mitel.com;sw_tftp=8.8.8.8;call_srv=8.8.8.8

Of course, substitute your MBG's WAN interface IP for the 8.8.8.8
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 07:46:03 PM by acejavelin »

Offline mark.vanderheijden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 10:36:46 AM »
Or if you have an Mitel's RCS account you can put the MAC addresses and MBG address there, the phones should use the "contact RCS" option for that.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 11:08:57 AM »
Not exactly put them in TW mode, but all TW mode really is setting an IP address manually to the ICP and TFTP IP address locations. You can just use a standard Mitel Option 125 or 43 and set the ICP and TFTP address as the MBG's public IP address. Works fine, but do NOT define a VLAN parameter in the final DHCP step (if you use DHCP to hop VLANs).

I was hoping this was the case. Have a customer that we're migrating from an on-premise to hosted MiVB, so being able to just change DHCP and then reboot the phones is way easier than running around and touching every phone.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 11:09:37 AM »

I was hoping this was the case. Have a customer that we're migrating from an on-premise to hosted MiVB, so being able to just change DHCP and then reboot the phones is way easier than running around and touching every phone.
Yes, it should work just fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10