Author Topic: CPN substitution  (Read 1487 times)

Offline MitelNoobie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
CPN substitution
« on: September 22, 2020, 02:45:53 AM »
How do i change the CPN for a specific number (ring group in this case)?

Currently incoming calls on the trunk to this number are overwritten with a general number, i would like to see the real incoming number.

I also want outgoing calls to be displaying the ring group number so that the original caller knows a certain department has called them.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CPN substitution
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 09:41:49 AM »
For outgoing calls you can do Telephone Directory > Associated Directory Numbers and do CPN Substitution for each DN.

Offline MitelNoobie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 04:13:06 AM »
For outgoing calls you can do Telephone Directory > Associated Directory Numbers and do CPN Substitution for each DN.

Thanks! This worked.

EDIT: it only works when i dial in internal extension, when i call outbound to a mobile they still see my original mobile number, how do i hide my mobile number and present the ring group number?

I tested it with a single extension, which i logged into the Personal Ring Group so as to have external hotdesking active, and then i logged in to the Ring Group.

I did CPN substitution only on my personal extension, and it displayed the group number.

I tried putting in the Ring Group number in as Directory Number as well as Associated Number, then i get a "This directory number cannot accept an associated number" error message. Now i am guessing the issue is that if i am not Present in the Ring Group and make an outbound call, it will still display the Group number instead of my personal extension. How can this be fixed?

And for inbound calls, how do i change this? Is this a setting on the COS/COR of the ring group? I just want to override what is on the trunk.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 04:33:11 AM by MitelNoobie »

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 10:58:07 AM »
I don't think you would change it for a Ring Group. You would only change it for the pilot number of each Personal Ring Group.

For inbound I usually put Ringing Appearances  on each phone so they can determine the source of a call instead of a Ring Group.

Offline MitelNoobie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 12:52:17 AM »
I don't think you would change it for a Ring Group. You would only change it for the pilot number of each Personal Ring Group.

For inbound I usually put Ringing Appearances  on each phone so they can determine the source of a call instead of a Ring Group.

I tested it and of course you can not display an internal ring group number on a mobile that's connected via external hotdesking, when that mobile rings a random mobile number. The call will be routed outside of the Mitel and just go via the GSM network. I could have thought of this myself :(

Does the ringing appearance work in my setup with external hotdesking?

As the user only has access remotely via their mobile phones. Is there another way?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10