Author Topic: Call Blocking Caller Based Routing Service  (Read 2855 times)

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
Call Blocking Caller Based Routing Service
« on: September 16, 2020, 02:10:39 PM »
Thanks to those who have provided information regarding blocking calls, especially those who included documentation.  Some of those posts date back a few years so it appears that blocking is much simpler with version 9.x of MvB using Caller Based Routing Service.

With 9.x and Caller Based Routing Service, is blocking just as simple as adding a Caller ID and setting the service type to Blacklist.  Even without using a Destination Number?  Has anyone used this?  Any bad surprises?  What is the caller experience?  In other words, does the call tear down (SIP BYE) or do they get a fast busy? 

I want to make sure that there are no other forms to complete;  all that is needed is the one form and no surprises.

Regards

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Call Blocking Caller Based Routing Service
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 09:20:25 PM »
Yes, it's just that simple. Basically the system handles the blacklisted calling numbers as if they dialed an unassigned DID number. The one quirk with this that I've found is if you have a non-default setting for unassigned DN in Intercept #1 in Intercept handling, the blacklisted calls will follow that instead of getting rejected.

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 05:08:03 PM »
Well, no go for my testing.  Configured a mobile number and blacklisted, but the test caller got through time and time again.  I even added an invalid destination number as a test that too did not take effect.
I did capture network traces and the Call ID is correct.

For intercept 1 for unassigned DN, my setting is blank (not sure if that is default).

Will keep trying this.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 06:48:18 PM »
Have you enabled "Caller Based Routing" in the Trunk Attribute? It's not enabled by default.

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 02:27:31 PM »
sarond - Thank you for that information.  It is set to Off.

However, I need to better understand the impact of the change.  Currently, Call Recognition Service is set to Trusted and Caller Based Routing Service is Off.

If I set Caller Base Routing Svc to On, I'd like to know if this means all calls are treated? Only defined entries... What is the treatment of undefined caller IDs...

More questions so I have some research to do. 

Thanks again.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 05:53:12 AM »
Look at the help of the system. System Features, Caller-based Routing should give you more info.

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 03:25:33 PM »
FYI - Evidently 9.0 sp3 has the features, but doesn't work.  9.1.x is known to work. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10