Author Topic: How to enable sending early media for a call to ACD Hunt Group  (Read 1040 times)

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
How to enable sending early media for a call to ACD Hunt Group
« on: September 14, 2020, 08:04:52 PM »
Hi,

From what is see if i change the "Audio for ringing this device" to File based MOH. the Music file in place should be played for the calling phone. when i capture the SIP and RTP, i see the PBX is sending the music to PSTN. But the PBX is sending "180 Ringing" for all the inbound calls. This is making the PSTN to ignore the RTP coming in and  play the local ringback.

Question: Who to we make the MiVoice Office 250 to send "183 Session Progress" So that the early media can be played?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to enable sending early media for a call to ACD Hunt Group
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 11:20:13 AM »
pradeepgali,

Well, by default on a SIP Peer for a CO Trunk Group that is already set to yes for Early Media Supported.

You may need to verify since this could be different in older versions.

Turn on On-Line Monitor  and go to SIP Peer > SIP Trunk Group > 9xxxx > Configuration

Look for Early Media Supported and set it to yes if it is set to No.

Thanks,

TE

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
Re: How to enable sending early media for a call to ACD Hunt Group
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 11:41:46 AM »
Thank You for your reply. Like you said the early media supported is already set to YES. I did attached a wireshark image showing PBX sending RTP while the PSTN is ringing stage and also sending 180 Ringing. This is odd. PSTN cannot play the announcement/ringback send from PBX if PBX sends 180 Ringing.

Not sure why PBX sends RTP when sending 180 Ringing.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10