Author Topic: multi-devices suite resiliency  (Read 1114 times)

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
multi-devices suite resiliency
« on: September 03, 2020, 07:44:58 AM »
hello, do you know how we can make the "multi device suite" resilient? my phones are declared as "multi-device" licence

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: multi-devices suite resiliency
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 03:31:49 PM »
I don't think suite phones can be resilient... This is a hospitality only feature. If they are just regular phones that are multi-device licensed, then you just have to have the PBX Elements networked and using SDS sharing and you should be able to just assign the secondary element to the device.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 05:26:51 PM »
phones "multi device license" are resilient by secondary elements, but the multi device suite (pilot number) are note. I don't understand why we can assign a secondary element to a multi device phone and not a multidevice suite

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 05:42:11 PM »
I don't think suite phones can be resilient... This is a hospitality only feature. If they are just regular phones that are multi-device licensed, then you just have to have the PBX Elements networked and using SDS sharing and you should be able to just assign the secondary element to the device.

hello, do you know how we can make the "multi device suite" resilient on a secondary element? my phones are declared as "multi-device" licence

in the mitel documentation they say that when the extension has a Multi-device suites license, when the primary ipbx is turned off, the extension can only call the emergency numbers and the attendant.

CASE 1:

in my case, indeed I manage to call the emergency number from a room extension, on the other hand I don't have an attendant "mivoice business console" but I use a 6940 extension for the operators.
ans I can't reach the operators .

Question 1: how can I reach extension 6940?

also, I cannot receive calls neither on the pilot number, nor on the number of the extension.

CASE 2:

If I change the room extension license from multi-devices suites to Full (ip user), and I turn off my primary ipbx.

I can call emergency, operators 6940, and all other numbers.
on the other hand i still cannot receive a call on the pilot number because the Suite menu cannot be shared with the SDS between the ipbx. I can call the room only by the extension number.

i can't tell the operators that when you are on the primary ipbx you call the pilot number, and when you are on the secondary you call the extension. because in addition, I have rooms where there are two phones.

Finally :

someone has already set up the resilience in the world of hospitality?

how can i reach my rooms when the primary ipbx is turned off?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 07:45:40 PM »
Have you taken the hospitality certification course? That would answer many of these questions... Basically, you can't have suites be resilient like "normal" IP phones, it just doesn't work that way...

Resiliency in hospitality (Mitel's hospitality) is only for administration phones, rooms are not resilient by design (for better or worse, it is what it is). Resiliency in hospitality is not the same as in a general enterprise environment.

"Attendant" in this case is literally an Attendant Console, either a PC console or a 5540 IP Console, every "large" property should have at least one. Phones can't have LDN appearance (the typical "attendant" dial 0 position) but you can try one of two things... 1) Make a System Speed Call of 0 to one of your 6940's, or 2) Make a multicall key with a DN of 0 on your front desk phone(s) and name it Dial 0 in the telephone directory. I can't guarantee you this will work though.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 08:08:08 PM by acejavelin »

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 08:20:00 PM »
Have you taken the hospitality certification course? That would answer many of these questions... Basically, you can't have suites be resilient like "normal" IP phones, it just doesn't work that way...

Resiliency in hospitality (Mitel's hospitality) is only for administration phones, rooms are not resilient by design (for better or worse, it is what it is). Resiliency in hospitality is not the same as in a general enterprise environment.

"Attendant" in this case is literally an Attendant Console, either a PC console or a 5540 IP Console, every "large" property should have at least one. Phones can't have LDN appearance (the typical "attendant" dial 0 position) but you can try one of two things... 1) Make a System Speed Call of 0 to one of your 6940's, or 2) Make a multicall key with a DN of 0 on your front desk phone(s) and name it Dial 0 in the telephone directory. I can't guarantee you this will work though.

Thank you Acejavelin for the quick answer , i can't create the speed call 0 to --> 6940 because i have two hotel on the same Ipbx and i use 0 in location based numbers + Zone to call each 6940 operators.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10